Classic Cars!!!!!

I guess that my handle gives it away!!! lol

1965 Mustang is my dream car!!!
  • motor
  • 06-02-2012, 10:07 AM
Mine would be a 69 chevelle ss
One of my first cars was a '67 Mustang hardtop, but I've always been a sucker for large, classic luxury cars. I would be split between an early 60's Lincoln or early 60's Thunderbird (I actually owned a '58 Thunderbird years ago). Guess I'll just have to have both.

Ferrari 250 GT Spyder California

Jaguar E-Type V12

I had a 1970 Roadrunner with a 440 Magnum true mussel car. I also had a 66 GTO. I Loved the MOPAR cars the best...

61 E-Type Jag. Restored one from scratch. The V-12 was underpowered for its weight. IMHO.
If you all are into cars, you should go to some of the cars and coffee events they hold in Plano on the first Saturday morning of every month : http://dallas.carsandcoffee.info/
My Favorite is a 1969 opel GT also known as a "baby vet". This is mine but as you can see it needs a new paint job
Attached Images File Type: jpg opel.jpg (39.3 KB, 122 views)
61 E-Type Jag. Restored one from scratch. The V-12 was underpowered for its weight. IMHO. Originally Posted by Doc2078
Doc...didn't the '61 E-Type use the 3.8L inline 6 cylinder engine?

Back in '73, I had a chance to buy a nice '64 E-Type. It was a red roadster with a black leather interior and black ragtop. The body and interior had been redone, the engine was gone over by the dealer that had it (a local Ford dealer). They had it on their lot for $1500!! You couldn't give those things away back then.

Since I was only 18 at the time and had no credit history, my Dad would have had to co-sign for it, and he wouldn't, for three reasons.

1) "Being British, it will be breaking down all the time." TRUE.
2) "Being British, it will cost a bloody fortune to fix and keep running." Also TRUE.
3) "I know how you drive, and you'll kill yourself in it within a year." VERY TRUE!!

To this day, when we see an E-Type roadster somewhere carrying a price tag of around $70K, he tells me that he probably should have let me get it. I have to tell him "no, you probably made the right choice".

I prefer American

I prefer American

Originally Posted by pyramider
I love Classic American Motors (AMC) cars because they're American, and I'm a bit of a Rebel anyway. I hope I don't stir up a Hornet nest here, but wouldn't own one because they have too many Gremlins. No, I wouldn't make a good Ambassador for AMC, would I?

My apologies to you younger readers who won't get this post, but then, I'm a bit of a Rambler when I post on these boards sometimes. (OK, that last one was a stretch..LOL!)
This 72 Camaro was a pain to get in and out of due to the roll bars. I should have spent the money on a stock restored car instead.
Attached Images File Type: jpg 72camaro-a.jpg (29.9 KB, 93 views)
First car a 62 Inpala SS, 327 3 speed, 2nd car 66 Chevelle 283 with Muncie 4 speed. OMG those were the days. Remember the 68 Roadrunner with the beep beep horn. Probably my favorite from that era being a teenager was the 66 Corvette, Yellow black top convertible with red pin striped tires and 4 speed. Back in those days factory workers were making less than $3/hr and it was just something you dreamed about. Remember my first paying job as a 14 year old was at the donut shop making $.75/hour and I thought I was rich. Two days a week after school and every other Saturday morning. All the donuts you could eat. Believe me, you learned to hate the taste of donuts and worse going home after work and smelling like a donut. On good thing in those days was the price of gas. Usually between $.23 and $.29 a gallon.
  • davo1
  • 06-24-2012, 02:08 PM
1969 camaro