Video Camera in Incall

As best I can find
http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u...E.16.htm#16.02

Texas is a one part consent state. As long as one party of the recording gives consent, it is legal to record. This specifically applies to oral communications but its all I can find on quick search. It may or may not apply to video.

My understanding from some comments on some lawyer sites is its legal to record anything and anyone without notice in your home or private property with a few exceptions. This typically also means an apartment, condo, etc. In general, there is no expectation of privacy when you are in someone else's home. Not so sure about a hotel room but maybe as it is your "residence" while your renting the room. Audio recording without notification or consent in some states is not allowed. I do not thing Texas is one of those however.

Use of such recordings however can be an entirely different issue. Sending those recordings to a website without consent of both parties so people can watch would most certainly be illegal. Most courts will allow a video recording from a private residence as evidence in court.

Avoid the audio part and you are most likely in the clear in your own residence.

Consult with a lawyer if you have any questions if you are planning to do this.
In texas, I believe it would be a violation under the improper video statute.
Thanks for the info, OBSG. I thought I was correct on that. I also know that some states carry an anti-wire tapping law. I don't believe Texas is one of those. Every thing is different here, LOL!
It would make me think twice, but then, I've been known to break my no-studio rule from time to time, and I'm pretty sure all of them have security cameras...and they're more likely to get busted.
In texas, I believe it would be a violation under the improper video statute. Originally Posted by jwhutch9
Not in your residence. What your referring to applies to public or a business property only. And, that varies widely by state and even county. Dallas and Ft Worth have different statues on where you can place a camera and what notification if any has to be posted in a business such as a Strip Club.
Thanks for the info, OBSG. I thought I was correct on that. I also know that some states carry an anti-wire tapping law. I don't believe Texas is one of those. Every thing is different here, LOL! Originally Posted by cinnamonshark
Wiretapping consists of intercepting electronic communications without consent of either parties. That is illegal without court approval even in Texas. Consult an attorney if you have any questions. You can also review information in the Legal questions forum.
I have heard of providers transmitting a video to a pimp in another room, supposedly as a safety measure. My position would be, If he wants to watch, he has to pay.
While I would be reluctant to see someone that I know has cameras, to me it's no different than screening. Just another false sense of security, and a way to exert some control over what is and always will be a high risk situation with no guarantee of the outcome.
I will never be ok with being videotaped … EVER!! EVER!!! NEVER!!!
  • EZ.
  • 11-11-2014, 03:30 PM
Has anyone considered the posibility of being blackmailed?
Has anyone considered the posibility of being blackmailed? Originally Posted by OldLRRP
Which, if proven would be WAYYY worse for the blackmailer than the blackmailee...legal-wise and jail-wise.
I visited with a provider, not knowing I was being video tapped. When I arrived into her apartment, she showed me her system, on the screen, as I was pulling into her garage and getting out of my car. I stayed for the visit, but it was a bit unsettling. Obviously she said it was for security reasons. Me.. where is the tape.
Has anyone considered the posibility of being blackmailed? Originally Posted by OldLRRP
True, alot of adulterers on here. Divorce Lawyers would love the tape!
  • EZ.
  • 11-11-2014, 04:19 PM
Which, if proven would be WAYYY worse for the blackmailer than the blackmailee...legal-wise and jail-wise. Originally Posted by Prolongus
I'm damn glad that my ex-wife didn't have a tape of my banging a hooker when we were in divorce court.
  • !VI!
  • 11-11-2014, 05:20 PM
aw it's awesome i'm on your mind so much OLD <3

now to address this because obviously it's never read so stupid bait posts like this will keep happening...

I have a remote access security that is usually off unless i have to TURN IT ON.... ie with my phone... just out of respect for discretion i would never record a stranger in a compromising situation.... that's just stupid

i have had to use my camera in an assult case where i limbed a client who tried chocking me. I needed the video for my defense (which it worked)... i will say this in the case of assults... cops could care less if you are a provider... if a guy attacks you he will get a heavy charge while you will get wrist smacked.

TLR
So just because i have the damn camera doesn't mean you are being recorded... other, if i recorded all my sessions i would post them in response to some of the BS reviews i've received to show people what really happened lol.