How about that market!

Why on earth would I be happy my portfolio got pounded this week?

As for the rest of the hate talk, oilfieldace, read the rules of this forum. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
your portfolio like mine took a minimal 3% drop where overall it's up .. what? 20/25% ???

so you are gonna run against Trump on .. what exactly?

the economy? jobs? corp. growth? trade? what???

the Dems are betting on a catastrophe that will not happen!!

bahahahaaa
the bet now is that oil prices will inch back up to $100 per barrel.
Oh so blame Teump for today's drop but give Obama credit for it, that sir is fuzzy math. There is more to the economy than the stock market. Here is one thing you can take to the bank, Trump will not lose as many seats as Obama did in his first term. Better get your # 3 pencil and your Big Chief tablet cause you gots some spraining to do Originally Posted by oilfieldace

Not exactly sure what "spraining" is, unless it's what I do to my ankles sometimes.

You can't look at one or 2 days of the stock market and come to any conclusions. When the stock market goes up, Trump, and his supporters, take full credit for it. When it goes down it is logical that he should get credit for that too.

I, for one, never predicted whether or not more House seats would be lost under Trump than were lost under Obama in 2010. It won't happen. I am predicting that Democrats will regain control of the House on November 6th.
How about that market!

Thanks, Twitler. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

Good timing, my 401k payroll contribution goes in tomorrow
Today’s market closed with another massive loss.

All of 2018’s gains are now officially WIPED OUT.

Thank you TWITLER
When the market soared in 2017 and much of 2018, Trump took the lion's share of the credit. Now that the market has tumbled, will Trump take the blame? Obviously that was a rhetorical question. The actions of Democrats/Liberals are behind the drop!!!
Can’t be. They were busy rounding up Guatemalan terrorists to rush the border.
Link?????????? Is this a fact?????? Or fake news????

Can’t be. They were busy rounding up Guatemalan terrorists to rush the border. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
It was a joke, Ellen. Like the president’s economy.
also like out president the cartoon known as trumpie ellen
Ha! Due to Trump I have a high 6 figure account with Edward Jones. Trump 2020.
YTD the Dow and S&P are now in negative territory.
maybe not for long as the market keeps tanking
Today’s market closed with another massive loss.

All of 2018’s gains are now officially WIPED OUT.

Thank you TWITLER Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

Not true. as anyone who owns dividend paying stock knows, most companies pay dividends quarterly. so i've already made 4k on dividends over the first three quarters. if the 4th quarter tanks then i'll likely still get a dividend, albeit small. regardless i've got the 3 strong quarters in my pocket.

but here's the best part... it's a BUY opportunity and a great way to better re-invest my dividends. on purpose i don't do a dividend reinvest, i take the profits into my money market account (tax tree because i haven't spent it yet) and just on returns alone i've got 4k to spend. i'll be chatting up my broker soon if he doesn't call in the next few days.
Also, the markets often go down, during the run ups to elections.