The Illinois gun grab

Apparently that's what Liberals think. They think banning an AR-15 saves lives, lol. Originally Posted by Levianon17
So it seems that the most effective gun control would be to have all Demonicrats, tested, i.e. mentally evaluated, to see if it is safe for society to have them own guns. I would start with their politicians first of course. Either that or we have to put little unicorn and fish stickers on the scary looking guns to make them appear less scary.
So it seems that the most effective gun control would be to have all Demonicrats, tested, i.e. mentally evaluated, to see if it is safe for society to have them own guns. I would start with their politicians first of course. Either that or we have to put little unicorn and fish stickers on the scary looking guns to make them appear less scary. Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
Yeah, not a bad idea. They can start by evaluating Fetterman to establish some basic criteria.
There are many lies in this post. The 2 links contain the truthful information needed to understand the new state law.

Say it ain't so...but the liberals know what they are doing and will continue to do so. It's a sign of mental illness.

The governor of Illinois is going to ban all "assault weapons". The ban went into effect on Jan. 10, 2023It gets worse though. An injunction against enforcement was issued and many citizens of Illinois went out and bought black rifles. No injunction was issued and no illegal firearms were sold by licensed dealers during the non-injunction. They are aware of the law. If many citizens of Illinois bought AR-15s after Jan. 10, 2023, they didn't buy them in Illinois. The governor now says that anyone who bought a black rifle during the time of the injunction is a criminal as all those weapons were illegally purchased. Since there wasn't an injunction, no one bought an illegal firearm during it. No quote from Governor about injunction since there wasn't one. He suggests that he has access to the gun federal gun registration forms and can use them to contact gun owners. As a carrot, the governor says that someone who owns a black rifle should register that firearm with a statement that they owned it BEFORE the ban. So, now the state knows who owns what and if you purchased the gun during the ban then you are confessing to a felony. No carrot. All banned gun owners have until Jan. 1st, 2024 to submit an affidavit stating the weapon was owned prior to Jan. 10, 2023.
Here is the link and head line again for those who missed it. The article clearly says no injunction was granted. That means the OP is not factually correct. The OP subject line claims this is a "grab". It is not.

"The court denied a request by the National Association for Gun Rights and a firearms retailer for an injunction blocking enforcement of the state law and a similar ban enacted by another Chicago suburb, Naperville, while a legal challenge to the measures proceeds. No justice publicly dissented from the decision."
U.S. District Judge Virginia Kendall in February and the Chicago-based 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in April rejected the challengers' bid for an injunction.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/us-sup...an-2023-05-17/
https://isp.illinois.gov/Home/HB5471Faqs

Any idiot who says that no one is trying to ban guns is just that, an uninformed idiot, a dupe, a fool.
English speaking people know the difference between a ban and a grab. Bans usually have a grandfather clause allowing the owner to retain possession. A grab is the government/authorities taking possession of the firearm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDha2NEICuU Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Everything in the link debunks the vast majority of the information you put in your post. This is so easy to debunk it will be a short post.

May 17 (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court on Wednesday left in place a Democratic-backed ban on assault-style rifles and large capacity magazines enacted in Illinois after a deadly mass shooting in Chicago's Highland Park suburb in 2022, handing a setback to gun rights advocates. The court denied a request by the National Association for Gun Rights and a firearms retailer for an injunction blocking enforcement of the state law and a similar ban enacted by another Chicago suburb, Naperville, while a legal challenge to the measures proceeds."

See? Real easy.

Nothing more amusing than someone calling people names and making claims that are easily proven wrong.

His false claim was debunked in the story's second paragraph and in the URL name.

Can't read a story but you try to use a German insult. Should have stuck with "obtuse". That wasn't right either but it wouldn't have got you banned.

There is nothing in that link that debunks anything I wrote. If you too obtuse to see that, that's your problem lagerwache. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
How many guns will get buried in the flower beds?

Buy stock in companies that make shovels.
So you admit trumpys will defy a constitutionaly valid law. No surprise there.

How many guns will get buried in the flower beds?

Buy stock in companies that make shovels. Originally Posted by ICU 812