A signal from above? Lightning hits St Peter's hours after Pope Benedict stuns cardinals with first resignation in 600 years

Pope Benedict is a stormy petrel?!? Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Heh
Do you really think God gives a crap one way or the other who the Pope is.

Religion is nothing more than man creating God in HIS image to justify controle over large masses of people.

Spirituality, a persons one on one relationship with what ever Deity they worship, is the enemy of all organized Religion. Originally Posted by Jackie S
"Spirituality" is also a bunch of crap.

About the only thing worse that organized religion is do-it-yourself religion. Sooner or later, you end up castrating yourself and committing suicide in a San Diego mansion while you wait for the mothership hiding behind Comet Hale-Bopp to come pick you up.

I think I would stick with Catholicism.
Now that you mentioned it, probably not unless, God himself appointed him.

. . .. Why is the Catholic Church still even alive today after committing so many transgressions itself?

Do you really think God gives a crap one way or the other who the Pope is.

Religion is nothing more than man creating God in HIS image to justify controle over large masses of people.

Spirituality, a persons one on one relationship with what ever Deity they worship, is the enemy of all organized Religion. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Now that you mentioned it, probably not unless, God himself appointed him.

. . .. Why is the Catholic Church still even alive today after committing so many transgressions itself?
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn
Good marketing.

And of course it is coincidence, it's just a funny one.