Scientifically illiterate adults

LMAO !!!

Please go fuck yourself. Relatively speaking !! Originally Posted by Dickey9090
Come try me
I my opinion, scientific theory has become scientific assumption . And yes I'm a product of the failed social educational system in this country
And yes I'm a product of the failed social educational system in this country Originally Posted by rexdutchman
It shows.
  • motor
  • 03-18-2019, 11:31 AM
Well, that went well for LAS
Come try me Originally Posted by Look-at-Stupid

Look's like our friend LAS just got the old BAN HAMMER VACATION!

Imagine that? I never saw that one coming what about you guys?

That's what happens when you PLAY YOURSELF my friend.

WINNING!

WINNING! Originally Posted by Vanilla Gorilla
Perhaps LAS will use this time wisely and learn how to spell !
I do quite well for a gentleman who is also a product of a small-town public education system. My guess is you? Not so much!!
And here I was hoping this would turn out to be a nice conversation in full swing...

There is a certain amount of illiteracy when it comes to scientific language. When someone says "there is no evidence that vaccines cause autism," another might infer that we merely lack a positive, that the tests haven't been done that show the connection. When another mentions "the theory of evolution," one may very well assume it's just a guess, formulated on bar napkins and not much else.

The reality is that we know vaccines don't cause autism and evolution is no conjecture. Among the extensive volume of studies performed specifically to test a correlation between vaccines and autism, an answer has emerged: there is no correlation, a resounding affirmation of the hypothesis "vaccines do not cause autism." The reality is that the word "theory" is not used in a scientific context the same way it is in regular english conversation. It represents an extensively tested and internally consistent body of knowledge upon which we can make predictions regarding future outcomes. The scientific theory of evolution underpins many of our current fields of scientific endeavor and is the foundation of which those continue to expand our knowledge of the world.

How do people get by without internalizing this? Beats me. But I think our education system fails a lot of people. Originally Posted by Dogberry
Many good points.

WINNING! Originally Posted by Vanilla Gorilla
Look who is talking? Orange stupid is as orange stupid does?
  • grean
  • 06-18-2019, 03:17 PM
LMAO !!!

Please go fuck yourself. Relatively speaking !! Originally Posted by Dickey9090
We see what you did there....relatively speaking. Funny!

Maybe not as funny as I think it is but still funny.

OP, you went on the Internet and discovered there is a world full of idiots and are surprised?
LOL, touche!!!
Then there are the flat earth people, although no one has been confirmed as falling off the edge.
Maybe that's what has happened to all those missing people on the milk cartons.
Do those even exist anymore? All I see is the gallon and half gallon jugs made of plastic.
That trend faded out after sometime in the 90s. Maybe from the rise of the Internet.
But the Flat Earth Society is still going strong, conventions, websites, etc.
They feel that all the pictures of earth and other planets are fabricated by NASA and governments.
Personally, I think gravity is neither a law or a theory but rather a basic and proven scientific fact.
That trend faded out after sometime in the 90s. Maybe from the rise of the Internet.
But the Flat Earth Society is still going strong, conventions, websites, etc.
They feel that all the pictures of earth and other planets are fabricated by NASA and governments.
Personally, I think gravity is neither a law or a theory but rather a basic and proven scientific fact. Originally Posted by TheWanderer
Why won't they all just go away? Or at least stop breeding. WE seem to have a monopoly on shit stupid adults already!! And gravity is really all 3. But we needed to know more than just the basics for the space program, such as escape velocity. That may or may not be a constant these days.