Will there be a smooth transition?

You’ll never admit Obama was a “ HORRIBLE “ President, absolutely the WORST!!! I guess no way to give anyone any credit.

TRUMP, TRUMP, TRUMP!!! Originally Posted by pleasurem
A Nobel Prize for peace as his country burns naturally and synthetically? Hell no! He's run out of credit. It's time to pay.
I don't agree with your premise. I've posted before that there is no such thing as "if". A wise man once told me.

I will. As is the will of the majority. Unfortunately, the system is rigged so that even with the popular vote, the strong-arm tactics of party leaders, on both sides, pressure electoral votes.

The popular vote would be my only measure of conclusivity. By more than ten percentage points. Double digits.

With NINE Justices only. Sure, get in the replacement. Fine. I accept the hasty action. What a mess it would be if (I know, no "ifs") it's too close to call, AND only eight supreme adjudicators. Though, it's still lopsided with eight.

Oh, wait! Wormy Johhny Roberts to the rescue.

Republican Senator Proposes Bill That Would Make It Illegal to Count Votes

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/09/republican-senator-bill-illegal-mail-vote-count-deadline.amp

Google mobile has made a bit more of a bitch to add a link. Sort of like NPR news app has always.
Originally Posted by eccieuser9500

oh good grief lenny .. that whole popular vote v the electoral college thing. you know that's like dorothy clicking her heels 3 times to get back to Kansas. sorry Toto no go.
the electoral college does what its supposed to do. keep a handful of large urban cities from excluding the vast rest of the US. it works fine as it is. and if it worked in favor of Democrats then they would cheer it, march in the streets over it and burn a few dumpsters. or half of kenosha

• oeb11
  • 09-25-2020, 04:25 AM
As usual - 9500 and the left wing nut case posts are Way out in [Left field] - LOL
TWK - thank You for pointing out the rationale and effect for representative democracy of the EC!
LOL at lefties still crying about the 27 recounts Gore lost. Two decades of butthurt, that shit never gets old.
will the 2020 transition be smooth? yeah...it will likely be a continuation

but the 2016 transition still hasn't ever smoothed out.

the dims tried every dirty and unlawful thing they could dream of and still haven't accepted the 2016 result

so its a bit rich for them to wonder about 2020

as far as the uninformed discussion above about the will of the people, we dont have one presidential election, but many separate elections, win enough of the larger ones and your in
I'm gonna say NO dim-wit will not let that happen ( remember Billary in 2016 )