AOC's climate change documentary was the darling of the Sundance Fiilm Festival. of course it flopped Bigly!

Agreed.

Jarrod Diamond wrote a pretty good book devoting a chapter about how the climate wiped out many thriving in the American southwest.

They are already having to deal with water shortages in that region. Originally Posted by WTF
Jarad Diamond has written several great books. I recommend them all. However, I think you may have missed his point about the collapse of civilizations in the American Southwest. I encourage you to re-read that part . . .He feels that their collapse was self-induced through overuse of rentable resources . . .among other things. Re-read that.

Another interesting chapter in Diamond's book, "Collapse", deals with the Viking settlements in Greenland. By his research, the European settlements there were established at a time of warmer climate that allowed frming and herding. They couldn't adapt to the changes in climate as it got colder from !130 onward.

WTF: Please understand that this post is not intended to be contrdictory, contentious or cvonfrontstional.
I have read (no link or source, sorry) that the change from "Green Sahara" to desert may have flipped in as little as 200 years . . .Maybe Wikipedia has something there under Green Sahara or Sahara Pump . . .something like that.

The climate change (cooling) that wiped out the European settlements on Greenland happened about that fast after 1300. Read "Collapse" by Jarad Diamond for that.

Another quick climate flip-flop was the "Younger Dryas" period (12,900 to 11,700) in the middle of the mass warming following the last glacial maximum. That was a rapid warm-cool-warm sequence with a rapid change on either side of the thousand years of cold climate.
What a crock of shit, it bombed any way Originally Posted by Cendell M
Absolutely!