President Obama to ease up on Cuba.

• WTF
  • 12-17-2014, 04:37 PM
Should have done this 20 years ago...

Nothing.

Typical Obama diplomacy; give away the house and get nothing of substance in return. He reverses on his own prior statements. In 2008 he said he would keep the cuban sanctions in place until we get a loosing of restrictions by the Castros.

He has done this countless times with the world's tyrants - In Iran he abandoned the Iranian protesters early on and is now giving up on sanctions, With Putin and the Start treaty and the missile defense system.
Dems have always had a problem with enemy identification.
Nice talk boys
It seems that Raul Castro has been eyeing the "China Model" for economic policy. As best I can tell, with the China Model, the Government basically says, "we will adopt a more profit oriented economic system, based on private ownership and capitalistic goals to encourage a healthy work effort, but still retain the right to put you against the wall if we see fit".
Should have done this 20 years ago... Originally Posted by WTF
Billery was in power 20 years ago. They were busy ignoring the Rwandan Genocide.
Obama is a pipe smoker and wouldn't know good pussy if it sat on his face.
I feel normalization will allow Capitalism to flow into Cuba and slowly erode Communism. Once the people of Cuba get access to consumer goods they will move away from Communism. Also, we have diplomatic relations with every other Commie country except N.Korea. I just rec'd a shipment of car parts from Vietnam. Keeping Cuba isolated has been bad foreign policy. We are busy telling the rest of the world how to run their foreign policy and we can't deal with little Cuba, 90 miles away. Does not make sense.
I feel normalization will allow Capitalism to flow into Cuba and slowly erode Communism. Once the people of Cuba get access to consumer goods they will move away from Communism. Also, we have diplomatic relations with every other Commie country except N.Korea. I just rec'd a shipment of car parts from Vietnam. Keeping Cuba isolated has been bad foreign policy. We are busy telling the rest of the world how to run their foreign policy and we can't deal with little Cuba, 90 miles away. Does not make sense. Originally Posted by dallaswill
It's not Cubans that are the problem, it's their communist dictator. Sheesh!!!!! It makes perfect sense. Normalizing relations just makes their economy better and thus their dumb ass dictators more powerful. Your only hope is that Cubans revolt. That hasn't happened in 50 years.
Nice talk boys Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

Ask me about my personal sperm receptacle, Assup Dick Smoker !
Should have done this 20 years ago... Originally Posted by WTF
That was about the time that Bill began his focus on how to sneak pussy into the Ovary Office so he could get his knob polished ... like he did in Arkansas.

We know what he thought of cigars, so that was no motivation either.
I say about time, jeeze,.. we have normal relations with Vietnam and China, they are one party Countries.
What did we get from Cuba in exchange ?

Can't answer it can you.....?

Nixon got multiple things from his China trip including an agreement by the Chinese to a peaceful settlement of the Taiwan question. We also got strategic leverage against then cold war opponent Russia. Most importantly was the Shanghai Communique.

Again, what did Obama get from the Castros?

I say about time, jeeze,.. we have normal relations with Vietnam and China, they are one party Countries. Originally Posted by RALPHEY BOY
What did we get from Cuba in exchange ?

Can't answer it can you.....?

Nixon got multiple things from his China trip including an agreement by the Chinese to a peaceful settlement of the Taiwan question. We also got strategic leverage against then cold war opponent Russia. Most importantly was the Shanghai Communique.

Again, what did Obama get from the Castros? Originally Posted by Whirlaway

I have no clue and I could care less what 'we are getting' we do not always have to be 'The Winner' and 'our way or the Highway', is not productive either..... I do not see it as a sprint.. its a marathon.. one step at a time to normalize relations.
we can slowly chip away and bring them into our way of thinking...has to start with some compromise
Ask me about my personal sperm receptacle, Assup Dick Smoker ! Originally Posted by rioseco
Damn I didn't realize you were gay.