I Have been benched........ :(

I wish you speedy recovery sweetie, back pain is the worst!
Get well soon and i wish you the best
that sucks! Been there, done that!!!!

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!
Hope your feeling better sooner than later. For my back issues I purchased one of those over priced Brookstone massage chairs. Feels great but the most effective tools at home I use are
a) My inversion table. Hanging upside down at various angles. Decompresses the spine. Love that feeling.
b) Precor stretcher. Chair-like device which tilts back to fully stretch back/groin/shoulder muscles. Purchased both at a fitness equip. store on Anderson Lane (North side) between Mopac and Burnett.
c) Back Knobber from "Relax the Back" on Brodie. An S shaped hand held device which releases trigger points and works out the knots manually.
d) Rolling on two Lacrosse balls in a sock (More effective than tennis balls) for spine alignment and tension trigger point release. Painful at first but extremely effective.
e) Rolling on foam roller for Myofascial release and alignment also from RTB.
f) Lower back stretcher which you lay on also from RTB.
g) Hatha Yoga for the back which performs miracles.
h) Also a single lacrosse or tennis ball on the floor under the butt cheek applying steady pressure directly to the trigger points (Parts that hurt for 20 seconds until they release) will do magic for lower back tension and pain.

As you can see I have serious back issue experience but staying fit through daily exercise and regularly using the above options combined keeps me rolling. I hope any these help. They all do wonders for me. BTW also drink TONS of water and I'm sure the doc already told you about using heating pads, ice bags and ibuprofen to reduce inflammation before doing anything else. Good luck
  • Paven
  • 11-23-2010, 07:32 PM
I feel for you my dear, had plenty back problems myself. Just take it easy.
Thanks Everyone so much for all the warm wishes and all the wonderful Pm's you guys are the best. Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to everyone but with all pain pills they have me on that don't work. I get a little loopy at times So for a quick update on my condition it hasn't gotten any better. I will go back to the doctor next week and hopefully they can tell me why i have this numbing feeling in my left leg and can fix me with out any surgery.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving day and stuffed themself silly.

~Kisses Jen
  • boo69
  • 11-30-2010, 02:26 PM
hope you feel better hunny hugs!