My absences today...........

Family First
I am sure that your would be appointments will be disappointed, but yet understand.
I hope your grandma is doing better. Family is very important.
  • Mesne
  • 02-15-2013, 09:52 AM
Any guesses as to why she would have felt a need to have made this post first, without having made any attempt whatsoever to contact the gentlemen affected to inform them as to why she was a NCNS (and, in fact, ignoring polite, follow-up inquiries)?
Any guesses as to why she would have felt a need to have made this post first, without having made any attempt whatsoever to contact the gentlemen affected to inform them as to why she was a NCNS (and, in fact, ignoring polite, follow-up inquiries)? Originally Posted by Mesne
I was not one of the ones she had an appointment with this time. But I've known this lady a long-long time. And she has had to cancel on me on occasion and each time she busted her butt to let me know in advance. Not WKing just giving my history with her.
Any guesses as to why she would have felt a need to have made this post first, without having made any attempt whatsoever to contact the gentlemen affected to inform them as to why she was a NCNS (and, in fact, ignoring polite, follow-up inquiries)? Originally Posted by Mesne

to prevent a post like this, perhaps?
  • Mesne
  • 02-15-2013, 12:20 PM
to prevent a post like this, perhaps? Originally Posted by fletch
This entire thread would have been completely unnecessary had she exercised a just a fingernail-full of courtesy in contacting the gentlemen directly, rather than deciding she needed to make a public apology to all of two guys, at least one of whom only reads this board sporadically.
  • Mesne
  • 02-15-2013, 12:25 PM
I was not one of the ones she had an appointment with this time. But I've known this lady a long-long time. And she has had to cancel on me on occasion and each time she busted her butt to let me know in advance. Not WKing just giving my history with her. Originally Posted by Hercules
I would have given her the benefit of the doubt had she even made a modest attempt - let alone 'busted her butt' - to have given me the courtesy of any kind of reply within any kind of reasonable time after the fact, notwithstanding the fact that I quite literally wasted an entire morning driving over two hours in just about the most miserable driving conditions possible.
At least, she is professional and made apology, not like the provider who i scheduled 3 appointments with her. First time, I waited in the parking lot about an hour and last time i waited in the area to get the address of the hotel where she checked in. Every appointment cost me 3 hours of my life that never I can get them back.
  • Mesne
  • 02-15-2013, 01:08 PM
At least, she is professional and made apology, not like the provider who i scheduled 3 appointments with her. First time, I waited in the parking lot about an hour and last time i waited in the area to get the address of the hotel where she checked in. Every appointment cost me 3 hours of my life that never I can get them back. Originally Posted by Superlark
With all due respect, the way she has handled this situation - at least with me - has not been within 100 miles of having been handled in a 'professional' manner, let alone courteous....and that is giving her the full benefit of the doubt on the circumstances at the time as she described them.

Of course, 'Family First' as many have said. BUT, I would then expect her clients most directly adversely affected by this circumstance would at least be somewhere in the next, oh.....say 'top 9' of things for her to address within anybody's definition of a reasonable time afterward, which did not happen. And there are some other extenuating circumstances between her and I that make how she has handled this situation all-the-more ..... let's just say .... disappointing.
2 years ago Syeira had her Dad die and she had to leave town quickly for her Dad. A hobbist got pist off because she cancelled at the last minute without knowing her situation. I flamed that guy for ragging on her in that situation.Syeira you are a sweet heart. Take care of what you need to take care off with Grandma.
Hope everything's ok
With all due respect, the way she has handled this situation - at least with me - has not been within 100 miles of having been handled in a 'professional' manner, let alone courteous....and that is giving her the full benefit of the doubt on the circumstances at the time as she described them.

Of course, 'Family First' as many have said. BUT, I would then expect her clients most directly adversely affected by this circumstance would at least be somewhere in the next, oh.....say 'top 9' of things for her to address within anybody's definition of a reasonable time afterward, which did not happen. And there are some other extenuating circumstances between her and I that make how she has handled this situation all-the-more ..... let's just say .... disappointing. Originally Posted by Mesne
Agreed. But of course the WKs wanting a discount or elevated service will jump to her defense without knowing the other side. Unless it happened to them.....

Obviously she had the numbers of those affected. A direct call would have been so much better and more efficient than a public announcement to everyone. It seems as if this is more an attempt at damage control before the damage hits the fan..

Family does come first, it did, now there's this.
Agreed. But of course the WKs wanting a discount or elevated service will jump to her defense without knowing the other side. Unless it happened to them.....

Obviously she had the numbers of those affected. A direct call would have been so much better and more efficient than a public announcement to everyone. It seems as if this is more an attempt at damage control before the damage hits the fan..

Family does come first, it did, now there's this. Originally Posted by Tiger Woods
I would counter most gents would not hold this against her especially with her track record. Let's see how this would fly. She direct calls the gent but the gent is with his SO or wife. I bet your bottom dollar a thread would pop up with the title " Syeira Pink makes an unsolicited call". Alot of ladies live by the code do not contact the gent unless he gives explicit approval.I give Syeira credit for at least owning the situation. Mesne I sort of understand however my belief cancellations happens all the time on both sides. I suggest you follow Jay Z advice "On To The Next One"
Not making any judgements about her post either way but her post did indeed state:

"My phone was on the charger and yes totally my fault for not thinking to grab it, and I feel horrible for missing my appts."

Kinda hard to make a call without a phone, I guess she could have borrowed her mothers though.
i'm just speculating, but she posted at 5pm. maybe she ran out that morning, forgot her phone, and - still having not been home - couldn't do anything but get on a handy computer later in the day.

i've got no dog in the fight, but it seemed a classy way to handle it. mesne, shouldn't you let her give her side before trashing her?