What about after?

Well, if you are two classes from your Associates then clean that up and git'r'done. ANY sort of completed degree shows the ability to follow through on a commitment - an important attribute.

It's not worth lying about your employment gap by ponying up fake companies you "worked for." In the end, the lack of experience will be the object to overcome. It's more important to project enthusiasm and a willingness to learn coupled with a mature attitude. Euphemia has worked straight RW jobs for a long time and she's spot on with her recommendations. Something unverifiable like the caregiver suggestions, a stay at home volunteer where the ex-SO was covering the finances or "housekeeping" are probably your best bets. Just don't go over the top on what you supposedly did.

You are probably going to be looking at an entry level position with part time hobbying to fill in the financial requirements. You might try catching on with a Temp Agency in order to sharpen your skills and refresh your experience. Also, you might look into working for a property management (read: apartments) company since much of that job is pretty straightforward office work with public relations skills.

Good luck to you and don't give up.
What happens after a girl retires from providing? I find myself in the position of trying to find an office job with a gap in years that I cannot account for having a job, and no references to give.

So what now? Originally Posted by honeydavis

Go to school to refresh/educate yourself. Going to school is one way to gain internship opportunities. Network, network, network!

Sometimes I think it's really about who you know and not "what you know".

Also, if you are used to making your own money, it would be hard to work under someone else, IMHO.

You can always start up your own business!

Or you can find a way to invest your savings into something profitable.
Email him links to your reviews. Show him how good you were at your real job. The tell him you will be just as dedicated. haha.
Finish college first, Honey! Education will be good for you in the long run...you will have a better chance to have a career and not just a job.