i need help!!

There is a Macy's at 95th and Metcalf in a mostly deserted mall. However any time I have gone there they are always having RIDICULOUS sales.

Alternatively, my favorite dress shop ever has great prices and really unusual stuff (mad compliments from strange women any time I'm sporting their stuff). http://www.colfaxmarketfemme.com/

They are in Westport and just super nice.
There is a Macy's at 95th and Metcalf in a mostly deserted mall. Originally Posted by Lovely_Lilianna
Mostly deserted mall? Not this time of year. I was there last weekend and it was CRAZY. I have to admit that I almost never go to the mall. Is it normally pretty empty?
I haven't been there in a while but half the stores were empty. As in no stores, I have no idea how many people go there, I avoid busy times at malls.
Sears is busy, but ya that is a ghost mall. Story for the last few years is it is supposed to be torn down and zona rosa'd, but each year comes and goes and it never happens... A couple of weeks ago I walked around the old Metcalf South looking for a bathroom. It's a nice clean mall, pretty sad actually cause all the store signs are still up. You have to wonder if they just want too much money to set up shop there. You'd think if they really wanted to fill it up they would lower the rates. Supply and demand stuff....lots of store space supply there. There is probably more to it than that though. It is still a good location and I'm not a big fan of the outside shops...kinda nice to walk around inside where it is cool or warm. But it is a 40 y/o mall and seen its best days over 20 years ago probably. It costs too much to renovate or modernize so it sits empty.I didn't go upstairs though, so maybe there are some shops up there. The escalators are closed on the side I was on and didn't go looking for stairs.
ohhh, Metcalf South Mall. Duh, right. That mall is a ghost town. Johnson County Library does their book sales there because of all the empty stores to put boxes of books in.

I was thinking of Oak Park Mall, which I realize now is at 95th and Quivira, not Metcalf.
Cabela's
Independence Mall - I 70 and 291 has a Macy's close by are dozens of other options.
Summit Fair, located in Lees Summit, 350 and Chipman Rd.
There is a Macy's there, Summit Fair is similar to Zona Rosa.
Especially if you're new to the KC area, you really should get down to the plaza some evening, before it gets too cold (it's an outdoor "shopping district," not a mall. It's BIG! But one of the things KC is known world over for are "the Plaza Lights," which will be up and on until New Years, I believe. It's something you really need to see, even if it's from a distance. The entire shopping district is lit up with Christmas lights.

And when warmer weather gets here, you should spend an afternoon just walking around, browsing some of the stores, and people-watching in general. It's not at all from from Westport.

Back when I was younger, I'd ride my bike (motorcycle) down there, park it on the street, and just spend hours watching the people walk by. Back then, there was a Topsy's Popcorn Shop down there, and they had the very best cherry limeades. I'd be sipping one of them, my bike up on its center-stand, and with me just sitting on the back of the bike, watching the world go by.

Mark
I agree you should see the plaza at night when the lights are on. They have Bebe, guess, Victoria's Secret, Halls, but not a Macy's anymore. Topsys popcorn still has a store on The Plaza, just not in the original location. The lights will be on until January 13th.
There is a Macy's at 95th and Metcalf in a mostly deserted mall. However any time I have gone there they are always having RIDICULOUS sales.

Alternatively, my favorite dress shop ever has great prices and really unusual stuff (mad compliments from strange women any time I'm sporting their stuff). http://www.colfaxmarketfemme.com/

They are in Westport and just super nice. Originally Posted by Lovely_Lilianna

611 w 39th street
kansas city, mo 64111
Interesting, been to Westport a number of times and never saw then....will have to check them out..
Oak Park is good, it has a Macys. So does Independence mall which is where I shop..