Why can't the hobby be legal?

God I love you. If I didn't know personally that you were a HOT lady I'd suspect you were a guy - you SOOOO get us. Might explain why meeting with you is great. If anyone wonders - some of us find a smart, sexy, opinionated girl ULTRA sexy. Originally Posted by EasyLover214

Awww! I wub you too shnookums!

And no worries! My brain is my only boy part.
Legalizing prostitution sounds great in theory, but almost everywhere in the Western World where it has been legalized, the government gets heavily involved. Ladies have to get licensed, work out of approved bordellos (which also have to get licensed) only in the parts of town the local government approves, etc. In Nevada, everything has to be covered (and the prices are high). In many places Greek is not allowed.
From a hobbyist's perspective, it is probably better the way it is now - lots of independent ladies, relatively affordable and reasonably safe (especially if you used P-411).
Legalizing prostitution sounds great in theory, but almost everywhere in the Western World where it has been legalized, the government gets heavily involved. Ladies have to get licensed, work out of approved bordellos (which also have to get licensed) only in the parts of town the local government approves, etc. In Nevada, everything has to be covered (and the prices are high). In many places Greek is not allowed.
From a hobbyist's perspective, it is probably better the way it is now - lots of independent ladies, relatively affordable and reasonably safe (especially if you used P-411). Originally Posted by ca1962
I agree about if it were legalized, the government would be involved as they want their share and then some of the money so the Obamas can take more vacations and senate members can make their salary 3 times as much, then because of that, the girls have to charge more to keep enough they figure they should rightly receive after those taxes. As far as Greek or anything else being allowed, I do not see how the government can verify BCD activities like that, as it would be fun to see how each person gets caught breaking the law!
I'm guessing the result would be similar to legalizing "liquor by the drink" back in OK. Overnight the price of drinks doubled.
That is what I mean, there will be more of them because they do not have to hide making the wanna be pimps and the known pimps come out of the woodwork because you can rest assured that there are more pimps out there then we know about and so there will be legit agents as in pro sports. And just think of all the tax revenue the government could make on the oldest profession in history. Originally Posted by NearHauteRed
You might benefit from researching the secondary and tertiary effects of prohibition.
Why would government being involved be particularly bad? Health inspections and licensing works great with restaurants and bars. It works fine with working girls in Western European Countries and some in Oceania where prostitution is legal. Frankly, I would pay a bit of a premium to know that the girl in question has passed a STD test in the past 60 days. And it would end lots of tax evasion. I pay taxes on ALL my income and so should everybody else.
That's why I wish they would institute a 100% consumption tax system. We all get to keep the money we make and only pay taxes on what we buy. Almost always, people spend based on what they make. Sure would make things a lot more simple and the only way someone could avoid paying taxes is to not buy anything.
The reason I don't want the government involved is because I don't want to have to go to the approved part of town, go in a brothel where other guys are hanging out, have all activities covered, give the "house" their cut, and go to a bland room where a loud buzzer goes off when your hour is up.
It doesn't seem fair that prostitution is illegal. There are so many men who have problems meeting women for various reasons. But they still have strong sexual urges.

What's so bad about it? If a woman chooses to provide the sevice she should be able to without the fear of being arrested. And when the men get arrested they are made out to be some kind of sexual pervert. I think if it was regulated and made legal there wouldn't be as many violent pimps and human traffickers. Originally Posted by jimmy simpson
I want it decriminalized...I'm very against government regulation...
Pay all women and make them compete. See who gets the money then.
Pay all women and make them compete. See who gets the money then. Originally Posted by Bestman200600
+1000000000000 lol
That's why I wish they would institute a 100% consumption tax system. We all get to keep the money we make and only pay taxes on what we buy. Almost always, people spend based on what they make. Sure would make things a lot more simple and the only way someone could avoid paying taxes is to not buy anything. Originally Posted by thathottnurse
Impossible to make a consumption tax very progressive.
It doesn't seem fair that prostitution is illegal. There are so many men who have problems meeting women for various reasons. But they still have strong sexual urges.

What's so bad about it? If a woman chooses to provide the sevice she should be able to without the fear of being arrested. And when the men get arrested they are made out to be some kind of sexual pervert. I think if it was regulated and made legal there wouldn't be as many violent pimps and human traffickers. Originally Posted by jimmy simpson
The filibuster in Congress is difficult to break. Most likely some representative from a bible belt state would certainly try it, just like Senator Cruze with the debt ceiling. A pay for play law is very unlikely to get passed in Congress for that reason. In Nevada there are counties where pay for play is legal. These counties are in areas where populations are very small. I agree with what was posted by someone above, use something like P411 to screen and that will reduce your risk for the ladies and the gents.
In Canada prostitution is legal but brothels and streetwalking are not.

This is how they get around the NIMBY=Not In My BackYard (neighborhood) feeling about brothels and streetwalkers.

The ladies don't give a cut to any house because there is no house.

The rates are somewhat lower than in the US which is what you would expect when removing one of the downsides to the occupation (the risk of being arrested.)
NIMBY=Not In My BackYard (neighborhood) Originally Posted by HoneyRose
George Carlin!!!