Teddy Roosevelt. Is there something that this forum can agree on?

One of his sons , T.R. Jr. , was a General in the Army during WW2. The son was involved in some of the D-Day action. I believe the son was killed during the war. Originally Posted by Rey Lengua
The son died of a heart attack about a month after D-Day. Another son named Kermit died in France in World War I. I believe he might have been a flyer.
Kermit committed suicide in Alaska during WWII. Quentin was shot down in a dogfight in WWI. Given full military honors by the Germans.
Kermit committed suicide in Alaska during WWII. Quentin was shot down in a dogfight in WWI. Given full military honors by the Germans. Originally Posted by Stanfeld
Glad we got that cleared up. I remember Kermit as the green one.

As for Roosevelt and his family; I remember that his daughter Alice was headstrong and that TR said that he could be president or he could control his daughter, not both. He had a very attractive wife, Edith, whom he was nuts about. His son Brigadier General Theodore Roosevelt III died after D-Day though he was depicted dying during D-Day by Henry Fonda in The Longest Day.
Loved him in "Night at the Museum".... he really came back to life for that one!

Loved him in "Night at the Museum".... he really came back to life for that one!

Originally Posted by lustylad
I've wanted to see that movie!

It's interesting. No one is being even remotely "horsey" about this topic.

Like a breath of fresh air in the political forum!!!
And TR's grandson, Kermit Roosevelt, was the principle CIA operative who instigated Operation Ajax: the 1953 overthrow of Iran's Prime Minister, Mohammad Mossadegh.

Brian Keith brought TR to life:

I remember Kermit as the green one.
Yeah, Jim Henson did a great job in removing 'Kermit' as a viable option for a name.
The more I learn about him the less I like him.