Netflix & Hulu?

I use Netflix quite a bit but if I get Wi-Fi on my tablet I can also watch anything through my direct TV subscription. Not cheap but live TV and any thing from HBO, SHOTIME, CINEMAX and more are available.
Movies to watch? The list is endless but I really like...
The Iron Giant
The Greatest Game Ever Played &
Johnny English
Just googled it... Thanks
Weird for HBO GO you still have to get a subscription to HBO
On Netflix there's The Secret (more like a documentary) and Lie to Me (an AWESOME TV series).

They also just came out with something called redboxinstant. I actually like it. Costs the same as Netflix ($7 for unlimited streaming) and you get 4 instant credits to use each month at any redbox location.
  • Mokoa
  • 09-05-2013, 09:19 PM
I guess the question is what sort of movies and tv shows do you like Bailey?
Just so you don't have to go to the Roku website. There are several types of Roku devices ranging from 50 to 80 dollars. You can get one online, or bestbuy or walmart and a lot of stores. you will probably need to get an hdmi cable also. simply connect the hdmi cabel into the roku (which is a little box about twice the size of a pack of cigaretts) and into your spare hdmi connection on your tv. Roku 3 only has hdmi connections but roku 2 has hdmi and colored cable conntections for older tvs. It comes with a remote. once you turn it on, it will sent a code to your email address to activate the device. key in the code with the remote and you are connected. It is actually simpler than this sounds and takes mayber 5 minutes to set up. they have a channel store with a lot of options, some free, some with montly fees (like netflex, hulu,) or with pay as you use (like rentals of movies) Vudu allows you to purchase movies and store them in the "cloud" thing, which you can access like you had the physical dvd but you don't have the actual dvd but you do own it and can't lose it. It also has blockbuster and redbox rentals direct to your tv. (so there is no forgetting to turn in your movie and no late charges). once you subscribe to a service like netflix/hulu via your email and a password you can access those channels from multiple locations and so can some of your friends if you give them the password. I think with netflix someone told me 6 users can be on at the same time in 6 different locations.
I guess the question is what sort of movies and tv shows do you like Bailey? Originally Posted by SAtexas
I am a very odd lady as I like ALLLL kinds of stuff.....documentaries on prisons, drugs, political issues, sports (nascar mainly(I know I know)), music, investigation discovery type stuff....raunchy comedies (bill hicks is my favorite comedian)...food network....hgtv.....horror movies (anything from real to so cheesy it is funny)......cheesy comedies (Jud Apatow is one of my favorites).....chick flicks....and of course the main stream stuff.....Breaking Bad, SOA, Dexter, niptuck, six feet under, big love, boardwalk empire, nurse jackie, hoarders, trueblood, arrested development, made men, american horror story, californication, sopranos, game of thrones.......and a lot more I just can't think of at this time.

Ok honestly I will stop there because I sound like a total lame ass. I am not though just a home body. I would much rather save money staying at home watching tv then going out.

About this roku I am certainly interested and thank you guys for all the information on it. I had never even heard of it. I think that shall be my next venture!!
On Netflix have you seen Tucker And Dale Vs Evil? Great comedy.
On Netflix have you seen Tucker And Dale Vs Evil? Great comedy. Originally Posted by SAtexas
That was a great movie...dumb kids deserved it. LOL
I also like Troll Hunter and Hunger Games, Expendables 2, Star Trek series. ya also gotta make sure you don't rent a Redbox movie you can see for free on Netflix though.
Use both. Just got caught up on Mad Men with Netflix. Also like Law and Order SVU reruns on Netflix, Olivia is so hot. Also love cooking shows, comedy, the documentaries, how things are made and others

Someday we will not need regular TV.
On Netflix there's The Secret (more like a documentary) and Lie to Me (an AWESOME TV series).

They also just came out with something called redboxinstant. I actually like it. Costs the same as Netflix ($7 for unlimited streaming) and you get 4 instant credits to use each month at any redbox location. Originally Posted by Malaya
Thanks I will check those out!!

I recently just purchased a smart tv for my second living room and that has some really good options too! I am a tech nerd and I had no clue how fun a smart tv would be!!!
I want to get a new smart tv also. Keep us updated on benefits. I have used the redbox instant its ok.

I am a techie so checking options on tv's.
I was thinking of either getting a Roku or a chromecast and a nexus 7 tablet.

And for ainime lovers check out the crunchyroll site. they even have an android and iPhone app.