Sen Manchin is a true American

He saw the red wave coming and decided to do the right thing. Originally Posted by winn dixie
There comes a time in a man’s life when he has to put on a dress and jump in the lifeboat.
Ha! That's good!

There comes a time in a man’s life when he has to put on a dress and jump in the lifeboat. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
Ok but wtf happened to Sen. Murkowski? Why is she voting no? Originally Posted by lustylad

IMO Feinstein cornered her and heckled her like they did with Flake.

well. if it wasn't enough for the #metoo types where allegation alone is a convicted crime now you get convicted by merely defending yourself. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

IMO that is because they DON"T want you to defend yourself. Better in their eyes, that you just slink away, looking guilty. BUT IF YOU DO stand up and defend yourself, they bash you with "HOW Poor your attitude and demeanor" are.
Good question. Apparently she is not afraid of being defeated in 2022. I hope that she is wrong and this no vote blows up in her face. Republicans need to find a strong candidate to oppose her in the 2022 primary race. Originally Posted by NiceGuy53
Sarah Palin said she ready, tanned, and rested.
murkowski is a sore loser who got primiaried and ran against the person who primaried her as a write in vote in the general election.
She is a Republican Senator from Alaska - a state where I always heard the men greatly outnumber the women - so I can't figure out what her political calculations might be. Originally Posted by lustylad
I think that is the case and they should put in a Republican, pro legal prostitution candidate - they could win votes!

Manchin has set an example that Alaska voters should follow - innocent until proven guilty counts!
I think Manchin is a coward. Murkowski is an idiot
manchin

lets see, .....hmmm...

in 2016 trump wins wv by 68.5% to hellary's 26.4%

what is that, a 42.10% victory???

then trump follows through on his campaign promises and singlehandedly rescues the coal industry

the west virginian polls find 58% are in favor of kavanaugh

manchin, while facing re-election, no hero he, but hardly an idiot, waits until its clear kavanaugh will win appointment to the sc,

and then with the appropriate excuse to the dim masters that kavanaugh was going to win anyway

and the ability to tell west Virginians he voted for kavanaugh

he casts his meaningless vote

if he was truly brave, his "stalwart" stance wouldn't have been after the dust settled but before

and of course he would also leave the dim party
Rescues the coal industry ... HA. It’s a dying industry. But Trump kept it alive because ...
We’re losing mining jobs to China? Russia? Mexico? Nope, he was pandering.
Rescues the coal industry ... HA. It’s a dying industry. But Trump kept it alive because ...
We’re losing mining jobs to China? Russia? Mexico? Nope, he was pandering. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I suggest you travel to Beckley WVa and spew your opinion on the cool industry and Trump. Good luck!
Rescues the coal industry... he was pandering. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
You mean like odumbo and hildebeest are always pandering to Tom Steyer and the environmental lobby for money and votes?

How long did odumbo stupidly hold up the Keystone XL pipeline? 6 years?

Trumpy issued the permits in his second month in office.
Good question. Apparently she is not afraid of being defeated in 2022. I hope that she is wrong and this no vote blows up in her face. Republicans need to find a strong candidate to oppose her in the 2022 primary race. Originally Posted by NiceGuy53
Please see

murkowski is a sore loser who got primiaried and ran against the person who primaried her as a write in vote in the general election. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
She voted against him because of very specific issues in her state, which she won as a freaking write-in candidate. Not sure anyone with a brain wants to try to primary her off again.
We’re losing mining jobs to China? Russia? Mexico? Nope, he was pandering. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I think natural gas will triumph - it is plentiful and clean.

Trump made a mistake fighting for coal but I admire his loyalty to his base.

Plus, unemployment is now at the lowest in 50 years, so those coal miners can transition out of coal.

Oh, and the stock market has never been higher.

Trump also lowered taxes and gave us the most conservative court in my lifetime.

He renegotiated NAFTA and improved it.

I'd bet a lot of people are going to conclude he hasn't been nearly as bad as the liberals predicted.
Sarah Palin said she ready, tanned, and rested. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn

GOOD. Let's hope she does run and whups Murkowski's butt!
I think natural gas will triumph - it is plentiful and clean.

Trump made a mistake fighting for coal but I admire his loyalty to his base.

Plus, unemployment is now at the lowest in 50 years, so those coal miners can transition out of coal.

Oh, and the stock market has never been higher.

Trump also lowered taxes and gave us the most conservative court in my lifetime.

He renegotiated NAFTA and improved it.

I'd bet a lot of people are going to conclude he hasn't been nearly as bad as the liberals predicted. Originally Posted by friendly fred
Those coal miners could have transitioned to anything else by now.

They’re simply pawns in Twitler’s effort to win the heartland by the slimmest of margins.
Both him and Bush were elected by convincing people to vote against their self interest.