Cigar Afficianados??

A $100 per ticket with a grab bag of 20 cigars it might even be cost effective presuming that the vendors aren't giving away stale dog rockets and cheap cigarillos. Originally Posted by Sarcastro
Heck that does sound good Sarcastro. Lucky Bas**&^...Do you have a wife that smokes cigars?!
Tell me more about the Texas Cigar Festival, please. Is it something the wife might enjoy--some wine, nice hors d'oeuvres, pleasant atmosphere, etc.? She enjoys the puff of a cigar now and then, and the only possible way for me to attend something like this on that particular Saturday night is to drag her with me.

A $100 per ticket with a grab bag of 20 cigars it might even be cost effective presuming that the vendors aren't giving away stale dog rockets and cheap cigarillos. Originally Posted by Sarcastro
This is the first event like this of its kind and its an attempt to recreate the Cigar Expo in Las Vegas here in Texas. The only experiences I've had at Serious Cigars have been very positive. They hosted an event for Rocky Patel last fall and they had some great deals, I think I picked up 3 boxes of cigars, a cutter, a 2 torch butane lighter, a humidor and 15 loose cigars for about $400. I think you're right about the grab bag. I don't think the vendors there would risk their reputations by giving shitty cigars out. I also don't think they're going to be their best stoagies. I'd expect some decent quality shit, but enough that you'd feel like you're getting your $100 worth.

I know that the owner of Serious Cigar's wife also owns a wine bar thats right next to the shop, so I'm sure there will be some wine flowing and music and lots of good people. Their events have always been plenty of fun.

Also, I'm positive that the different vendors there will have some deals that will make it worth coming too. I'm really looking forward to it actually. No offense to anyone here, but I probably will not make an effort to meet anyone from here that attends, as civilian friends and family will also be in attendance. I'm sure you understand.
Darth--No, the wife doesn't really smoke cigars. But if I'm puffing on a stick she's not averse to snatching it from me and taking a few puffs of her own.

enderwiggin--Thanks for the insight. I, too, will be incognito with my bag of goodies clutched in my fist.
Lol, I had a waiteress at Gold Cub Clintonize my cigar a few years back.

I am with Gator on his choices and he has been nice to me on those smokes. Thanks Gator. Originally Posted by Htowner
No problemo senior!
It's always nice to share a fine cigar with someone who appreciates them.
Happy B-day again.
absolute tobacco in Katy is a new place to get a good cigar and enjoy it as well. Cohibas and MonteCristos are my stick of choice
The Cigar Fest was fantastic. The cigar bag was full of goodies, the food was great and the fellowship was top notch. I know everyone was incognito so we did not visit, but I hope everyone had a great time.
The Cigar Fest was fantastic. The cigar bag was full of goodies, the food was great and the fellowship was top notch. I know everyone was incognito so we did not visit, but I hope everyone had a great time. Originally Posted by longhorn55
Indeed! I had a great time and picked up some good sticks. I also won a door prize...
Well if any of you need 411 on cigar clubs here in NYC we still have few fine places. And my favs are Partagas and Romeo and Juliet. Of course being a girl I am impartial to those tiny flavored cigars sold in cases of 10. I think the brand is called Tatiana

Lina
Had a great time. Laid back event; just my style. Amazing humidor!
Juicy Lucy