Fetlife

I’ve seen Fetlife mentioned here a few times but I never knew what it was until now. I finally got around to looking it up and I must say...I’m intrigued.

I’m curious though..how much like Facebook is it? I’ve managed to avoid all social networking over the years...I’ve got no Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or anything else. The main reason? I detest the lack of privacy. If I sign up for a social networking site it’s probably gonna find everyone I’ve known on the web a pester them to join.

Does Fetlife work this way? Or to put it another way, if I sign up for Fetlife can I be feel reasonably assured that what I do and who I communicate with through Fetlife remains my own business? Originally Posted by john_doe1978
It depends on who you're meeting, you can see who people are friends with on fetlife, and your activity is shown on your wall, such as which groups you joined and who you became friends with, etc. if someone wanted to out you for whatever reason there is really nothing to stop them, particularly if you have pictures that someone can easily identify you with., really their security isn't better or worst than most sites, they aren't trying to connect to your private home life, or your email contact list, and they only know what you tell them.