Anyone Else Prepping For Apocalypse Type Scenarios?

Society is about 7 days away from anarchy, no power or running water for 7 days and it's a total meltdown. Look at the covid bullshit that happened, and that was just minor shortages. I'm prepared with all of that, but i also live in a hurricane area so i'm always ready.

Hope you’re joking, JL. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
What if he isn't. What are you gonna do?
What if he isn't. What are you gonna do? Originally Posted by Levianon17

I, for one, am going to laugh. It always makes me giggle when people assume that liberals in TEXAS don't have guns. I don't know a single liberal that doesn't have a weapon, if not several-- and most of them are former military.
My plans are my own to know, but:

If you want to know about preparing for the worst, check out YouTube. Use search terms such as "Prepping", "Bug-Out" and "bunker." As you view a few videos, other search terms will come to you such as "survivalist".

Go to e-Bay and search "Bug-Out Bag". A host of products will come up, including already packed backpacks full of non-perishable food and other "survival" supplies.

This does not include the firearms related videos either. Do a search that includes the term "SHTF" (I'll let you figure out what that acronym stands for).

So, yeah; plenty of folks are prepping for some worst-case scenario . . .are you?
Society is about 7 days away from anarchy, no power or running water for 7 days and it's a total meltdown. Look at the covid bullshit that happened, and that was just minor shortages. I'm prepared with all of that, but i also live in a hurricane area so i'm always ready. Originally Posted by sand247
I think we saw some of that after Hurricane Andrew in Florida. Then there was the total breakdown after Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans and so on. These disruptions were relatively local though. Ther were resources for relief from "outside" the affected areas in each case. Now imagine that the whole country is affected with no hope of a positive outcome.

I think we got a quick and limited glimpse of what a nation-wide disruption could look like in the week following 9/11 when all air travel was shut down without notice. At that time, I was fully expecting another shoe to drop with an attack on ocean-based shipping and rail transport.

Prepping for three to seven days of being self-contained regarding food, water and shelter is doable. The whole country going "off-the-grid" without warning and without a foreseeable end point is quite another.

Anyone looking for a cabane in the mountains?
I, for one, am going to laugh. It always makes me giggle when people assume that liberals in TEXAS don't have guns. I don't know a single liberal that doesn't have a weapon, if not several-- and most of them are former military. Originally Posted by Grace Preston
We are well aware that the Left owns guns. The gun crime in blue cities reminds us daily. I giggle when liberals brag about being gun owners. A legal gun owner voting Democrat is like a cow voting for Burger King.
We are well aware that the Left owns guns. The gun crime in blue cities reminds us daily. I giggle when liberals brag about being gun owners. A legal gun owner voting Democrat is like a cow voting for Burger King. Originally Posted by Cheap Charlie
What’s your point? You just making sure that you have more than the other guy?

How bout put the bullets away and make a country where we don’t need them?
We are well aware that the Left owns guns. The gun crime in blue cities reminds us daily. I giggle when liberals brag about being gun owners. A legal gun owner voting Democrat is like a cow voting for Burger King. Originally Posted by Cheap Charlie

My post was a direct response to someone stating that they will just take their guns and head to the folks who had Biden signs in their yards.

Do try to keep up.
I, for one, am going to laugh. It always makes me giggle when people assume that liberals in TEXAS don't have guns. I don't know a single liberal that doesn't have a weapon, if not several-- and most of them are former military. Originally Posted by Grace Preston
Grace, you remind me of an article I read 30 years ago. A well known prepper was at a convention for prepping. It was an after party and everyone was dressed in their prepper gear. He saw one beautiful woman in a camouflage cocktail dress. Since he is a writer, he wanted the scoop (and to talk to the woman). He asked if she was there with a prepper. She said she was a prepper. He asked her to elucidate. She said she took care of herself, got plenty of sleep, worked out, and ate well. Then she added, if the shit hit the fan, men were always willing to trade safety, comfort, and food for what she had.
I guess you just have to watch out for gay preppers.
At a minimum you should have 50 to a hunert pounds of raw lead on hand. Couple of pounds of tin and alimony wouldnt hurt either.
Sulphur and salt peter will also be in demand after the start!
At a minimum you should have 50 to a hunert pounds of raw lead on hand. Couple of pounds of tin and alimony wouldnt hurt either.
Sulphur and salt peter will also be in demand after the start! Originally Posted by winn dixie
You look like you're prepping for a divorce!

Gotta stock more alimony than that.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!
ACHOOOOOOO!!!!!
... No worrys, mates... Some of the simmering will cool off
next year as the Republicans control the House of Congress
and the Senate.

That will be a good start.

### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
Good-on-ya Mate!
Good stuff!
The Rangemaster still says, "Ready on th Right? ? Ready on the Left?".
Be careful what you wish for.

Self fulfilling prophecies have a tendency to become....self fulfilling.