Dallas Weather

While I also enjoy the muddy, freezing battles of yesteryear...remeber, this is all about the money. And in spite of the purists who love the game for all the manly reasons...point scoring is what brings in the viewership. And more ponts are scored on an indoor field. Originally Posted by Rudyard K
Honestly, I don't think super bowl viewership depends on points scored. The NFL has brilliantly parlayed it into an EVENT not just a mere game.

What it may affect is how many visitors flock to the city where it is held; otoh many of the cold weather locations attract tourists all year round (NY, Boston, Philly, DC) so I don't see it as a major issue either.

What I do see as a potential problem for those cities is a blizzard Wed-Fri blizzard right before the game. Teams will already be there but it will impact everything else.
Boston is getting hit again on Saturday and Tuesday...so any visiting Bostonians might be able to sneak in but they'll have a devil of a time getting out lol. The weather has been nuts this winter...for all.

C
But the tickets would have already been paid for. Local vendors might take a hit. If it was in NYC this weekend, flights would be up and running tomorrow. It's the bookies that would have a problem "wid it."
From one cold climate to another

I feel like I'm being stalked by snow storms.
From one cold climate to another

I feel like I'm being stalked by snow storms. Originally Posted by Lauren Summerhill
But isn't all the snow we have in the Northeast called a "dusting" up your way?
But isn't all the snow we have in the Northeast called a "dusting" up your way? Originally Posted by SR Only
Did you get any "snow" out of the latest? Nothing but slush & ice in the City. Gotta make my way from here up to Stamford this afternoon. NOT looking forward to that....
it stopped a few hours ago and is now melting. I'm going to clear the cars ina few hours. But up in the Boston area:
http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?p=988680#post988680
Dallas should never be as cold as where I live.
it stopped a few hours ago and is now melting. I'm going to clear the cars ina few hours. But up in the Boston area:
http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?p=988680#post988680 Originally Posted by SR Only
That's NH SR...they are even worse at driving than Bostonians lol!!!! You know that...
How do you rate in CT? Coming into Hartford off 84 is like joining the Grand Prix circuit..every man for himself
Btw..CT is the only place I ever got a ticket when I first moved here.
A bloody expensive one too. Meh!

C xxx
That's NH SR...they are even worse at driving than Bostonians lol!!!! You know that...
How do you rate in CT? Coming into Hartford off 84 is like joining the Grand Prix circuit..every man for himself
A bloody expensive one too. Meh!

C xxx Originally Posted by Camille
Is that why you won't see me?
I go with the driving mantra of "never lift." Brakes just slow you down.
A bloody expensive one too. Meh! Originally Posted by Camille
I remember the joys of driving through CT with a radar detector in the days that they were illegal there.
I am not going to slow down, so I have a detector. Valentine One is one of the best for the money. Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with them outside of buying their products (and updating it too). That extra split second or blip has saved me more than a few times. And to the folks ahead of me: The pedal on the right makes the car GO!!!
I am in Michigan where we have just gotten about 7 inches and it is still snowing....I was hoping Dallas would have shorts and tank top weather lol
Hopefully my flight is not delayed tomorrow!
I am such a boring driver these days. I am the girl least likely to get a speeding ticket. My whole perception of driving changed after being walloped on the highway. I'd drive you nuts SR as a passenger too. Proper back seat driver lol. As for driving to CT...not a chance. I take the train if I must go there. I'm not big on driving anywhere that takes more than 30 mins of Highway driving these days...*sigh*
I remember the joys of driving through CT with a radar detector in the days that they were illegal there. Originally Posted by discreetgent
Just out of interest DG, what was the punishment then if people were caught with them? Fine?

C x