With all the modern technology why does it take so long

All of the news stations are saying…….”Democrats tend to vote my mail, Republicans vote on Election Day”.

So this is how it will go. At about 9:00 PM, the Republicans will have substantial leads in key States. But then they will start counting mail ins, and suddenly the Red Wave turns into a back wash of failed expectations.

Just wait. Originally Posted by Jackie S
That did not happen.
is a midterm loss for dems a victory? Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
You can only answer that question by looking at predictions versus actuality. Are those forum members who predicted House gains of 35 and Senate gains of 4 or more disappointed in the results? You have to go back many years to find such paltry losses for the party in power in a mid-term election.
To count the vote. To me that seems ridiculous. Originally Posted by oilfieldace
Well, you have to give the Dems time to see how many votes they need forge to win.
You can only answer that question by looking at predictions versus actuality. Are those forum members who predicted House gains of 35 and Senate gains of 4 or more disappointed in the results? You have to go back many years to find such paltry losses for the party in power in a mid-term election. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
I tend to agree.
Two things kept this from being a Red Wave Tsunami………Abortion and Trump.
I tend to agree.
Two things kept this from being a Red Wave Tsunami………Abortion and Trump. Originally Posted by Jackie S
I agree. Many candidates who were election-deniers lost yesterday.

I did not expect a red tsunami in the House because Republicans had unexpected victories in 2020. The number of House contested seats was less than usual.
Trickle or wave doesn’t matter, as long as we take the house, cut Biden money supply down to a trickle
Yup. Gotta redirect those greenbacks to those corporate jazzillionaires.
A red trickle is not a big night for Republicans Originally Posted by WTF
How exactly does that relate to vote counting, does that lifetime tag give you right to never be on topic or to insult people???
  • WTF
  • 11-09-2022, 08:30 PM
How exactly does that relate to vote counting, does that lifetime tag give you right to never be on topic or to insult people??? Originally Posted by oilfieldace
Not sure how or why you felt insulted.

Unlike you, I believe that we do a great job counting votes. But it is your prerogative to continually cry about it.
I personally think any legal citizens should be able to vote. Instead of a DL on file....you should just have a DNA sample on file. I in fact believe prisoners should be able to vote unless convicted of treason

I also think your exactly the kind of juror that the Proscution were looking for in the classic, " To Kill A Mockingbird " Originally Posted by WTF
WTF is actually not fr off the mark.

The use of a signature as ID goes so far back; well into the Renaissance, I think. In those early days, and as recently as the 1930s, that was a sort of biometric identifier. Then came the FB
I and fingerprint technology. Works pretty well, but can be messy, cumbersome and, despite the CSI shows, it is not instant.

Today, we can use retina or iris scanning technology and computers to do the same thing. They were using that technology widely in Afghanistan. Seems to me that could actually be made to work as WTF envisions the DNA sample ideas working.

Good ides WTF!