Sylvester Turner Elected Mayor of Houston

Fuck pension reform and fuck cutting city services. I say raise property taxes on houses valued at 500K or more. Rich white liberals need to pay the fuck up!! Originally Posted by DSK
I guess the "rich white liberals" under 65 or who are not disabled. I suspect under WTF's concerns that would offset the "under 65" rich white folks who are still young enough to want to get out of the house and enjoy themselves .... chasing pussy or playing golf or both! You know? Like Exxon Executives who snatched up most of the available stuff in The Woodlands and some if not most of the not-so-available-but-everything-has-a-price stuff!

The Exxon Campus is a jobs program and the new loop will revitalize Kingwood-Atascocita and Porter area.

The Smell of Money comes to MOCO.
Bill King was what the city needed.

They need pension reform. If not at some point...they are going to have to cut city services just to pay retired City workers like some cities in Cali have had to do. Originally Posted by WTF
You are sounding like a TEA Bitch, BITCH!

So did Sylvester ever pay his student loans? That little tidbit cost him against Lanier.

What positive thing did Anise do for the non-homosexual Houstonians?
So did Sylvester ever pay his student loans? That little tidbit cost him against Lanier.

What positive thing did Anise do for the non-homosexual Houstonians? Originally Posted by pyramider
It was actually an alleged insurance scam, brought up just before the '91 election. He was ultimately cleared and sued the reporter and station for defamation. And won a judgement, that was subsequently reversed on appeal. Now he's mayor-elect, on his third try I think it was.

The transformation of Houston into a Dim stronghold is pretty much complete.
Is that the ribbon-cutting for the new Martian Flag Planting Park in honor of the U.S. astronauts landing on Mars?
Not only did EM stop before the city, they moved everyone out of the city, Greenspoint, 800 Bell, Buffalo Speedway, Brookhollow, just to name a few. The buildings are finished and the exodus is all but complete.

The more that leave the harder the burden on those that are left.Oh well, they get what they vote for. At least I do not have to worry, the city has passed my ghetto over for annexation more than once and I am plenty happy they have.
Fuck pension reform and fuck cutting city services. Originally Posted by DSK
If WTF gets more pension longer he can reduce his need for "city services"!!!
  • WTF
  • 12-14-2015, 08:09 AM
Fuck pension reform and fuck cutting city services. I say raise property taxes on houses valued at 500K or more. Rich white liberals need to pay the fuck up!! Originally Posted by DSK
Are you saying conservatives do not own 500k plus homes in Houston? No Mexican or Asians or AA"s either?
  • WTF
  • 12-14-2015, 08:12 AM
I guess the "rich white liberals" under 65 or who are not disabled. I suspect under WTF's concerns that would offset the "under 65" rich white folks who are still young enough to want to get out of the house and enjoy themselves .... chasing pussy or playing golf or both! You know? Like Exxon Executives who snatched up most of the available stuff in The Woodlands and some if not most of the not-so-available-but-everything-has-a-price stuff!

The Exxon Campus is a jobs program and the new loop will revitalize Kingwood-Atascocita and Porter area.

The Smell of Money comes to MOCO. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Yes...I'm getting ready to build in MoCo. But that is not where the wealthy live in the Houston area....they live in River Oaks.
  • WTF
  • 12-14-2015, 08:17 AM
You are sounding like a TEA Bitch, BITCH!

Originally Posted by gnadfly

I am sounding like wtf i have always sounded like but you've been to stupid to understand. ..which is a fiscal conservative and a social liberal.

Women's choice is a conservative position.For instance, free birth control is 100 times cheaper in the long run.
  • WTF
  • 12-14-2015, 08:19 AM
If WTF gets more pension longer he can reduce his need for "city services"!!! Originally Posted by LexusLover
I will retire to my place in the country...so no worries here.
I have several friends who live in "occupied Kingwood". Now that is a group who actually hates the City of Houston.

Just for my own info, what kind of deal does The Woodlands have worked out with Houston that keeps them from getting annexed. Tribute?
Just for my own info, what kind of deal does The Woodlands have worked out with Houston that keeps them from getting annexed. Tribute? Originally Posted by Jackie S
Exxon. Much of The Woodlands is in MOCO, and in that area is Shenandoah as well. Kingwood was brought in with some sort of a pre-existing development agreement for services "back when" from my understanding. The resistance was minimal and I think required a release from the development agreement provisions with Houston.

As it stands the area to be annexed would have to be in the Houston ETJ (extraterritorial jurisdiction).
Yeh, but for some of the greedy Demagogues who tend to run big city Governments, "extraterritorial jurisdiction" could be anything between Houston and Dallas.

The only way they can keep the coffers filled is to keep chasing the tax base.