Cruise Tips for First Timer

So I take it you were in the Navy?

All kidding aside, thank you for your service. Originally Posted by Exchequer
Agreed. Hadn't realized "thank you for your service" could have other meanings until I read it here.
14 cruises - 15th coming up in July. Have never sailed single but would echo other suggestions - spend time in public areas, be friendly, etc. On every cruise there has been a singles mixer each evening in one of the bars. A word of caution I read stated that should you hook-up early in the cruise, remember that you will most likely see that person throughout the week. Possibility of some awkward moments.
Since you have already booked, my advice may be useless. I have been on four different cruises in my life and the two that I didn't care for the most were Carnival. I would avoid a 5 day or less cruise out of Texas where they tend to be the ones where Texas residents get deals and buy a alcohol pass and stay drunk the entire time.

Best cruise I have had was a 13 night on Princess in the Med. Also had a 10 day California one on Celebrity and it was decent.

Hopefully you will get upgraded to an exterior room. When you get enough of all the people, it's really nice to relax in your room and watch the ocean if you have a balcony. For those of us that have lived inland all our life, the ocean is a nice escape from our normal lives we have.

Be sure to get on a cruise website like CruiseCritic, you can get pretty specific information about things on the ship and the cruise route you are taking. You might find out that the room you chose has something not ideal about it, like being right under the disco and you will have some time to maybe change your booking to another room.

Hope this helps.
I just did 10 days on Celebrity Apex in December. I usually do one or two cruises a year but I did a suite years ago and once you go Suites you can't go back. I am retired so I do what I want when I want.
what are the stops for the cruise? I have several suggestions if I know that for excursions.

Also, never went single so no clue there.
Best to go on a lifestyle cruise
Or a nude cruise
I heard the Kid Rock cruse is a fuck fest
Check to see if you get off ship at ports if you have to be tested getting back onto ship for Covid. Had couple friends who went few weeks ago & after getting off ship he tested positive and ended up being stuck in his cabin & quarantined rest of the cruise. They food left outside the door of their room for each meal but couldn't leave the room.