What's he gonna do now?

We do not need their oil. We can produce all we need in the Estados Unidos. Originally Posted by DSK
One day the McDonalds down the street is going to exhaust its meat supply.

As the supply gets down to the last few patties, burger prices will rise....and the lines will get long at the drive thru window!

Check the latest "gossip" regarding OPEC and one might discovery that the killing of a person by the Saudis is not the "REAL" reason Iran and others are pissed at the Saudis.
LET THEM BLEED EACH OTHER WHITE. Eventually the populations of both countries will finally come to the realization that Protestants and Catholics came to about 300 years ago - that you cannot kill your way to uniformity of religious thought.

Then maybe - just maybe - they will overthrow the mullahs and the imams the way Kemal Ataturk overthrew the Caliphate in the early 20th century in Turkey and they will finally institute secular governments.
Originally Posted by ExNYer
Some say that was going to happen a few years ago when the Iranian Supreme Leader had the protests crush by shooting people on the streets. Various leaders pleaded with Obama to get involved but he just sat on his hands.

Now we have an agreement with the Iranian not to acquire nuclear weapons that they've already violated.

I can out pick you in college football with one of my chimp nuts in your mouth are you one of those silly fucks who thinks nation building is a conservative endeavor? Originally Posted by WTF
Again you've admitted defeat. As well as used the trick in your tiny toolbox of assigning someone an opinion they didn't express. Stupid Bitch.
We do not need their oil. We can produce all we need in the Estados Unidos. That should change everything. We have enough holes in the ground in West Texas and in the Bakken to keep our economy going for a long time, or at least until Mr. Musk can get us a 35,000 all electric luxury car. Originally Posted by DSK
Wrong. We still need them to keep pumping. Fracking is a long-term game changer but you're getting way ahead of reality. It has lessened - but not ended - our dependence on foreign oil. Global oil markets are highly sensitive to even small imbalances between supply and demand. All you have to do is cut back Saudi output by 50% and it would cancel out ALL of the gains in our domestic production over the last 5 years. The current glut would disappear and the price would be back over $100 a barrel in no time, making Russia and Iran very happy.
  • DSK
  • 01-05-2016, 01:04 PM
Wrong. We still need them to keep pumping. Fracking is a long-term game changer but you're getting way ahead of reality. It has lessened - but not ended - our dependence on foreign oil. Global oil markets are highly sensitive to even small imbalances between supply and demand. All you have to do is cut back Saudi output by 50% and it would cancel out ALL of the gains in our domestic production over the last 5 years. The current glut would disappear and the price would be back over $100 a barrel in no time, making Russia and Iran very happy.
. Originally Posted by lustylad
Saudi output at 5 million instead of 10 million would create a temporary 3 million barrel per day shortage in a world full of excess oil and no places to store it at the moment.

The higher price would ramp up drilling everywhere, and the difference could be made up. The Saudis feel that way, also - hence the reason they did not cut output to prop up the price, but are pumping like madmen.
Here is a cheerful report about our Saudi "allies":

http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/05/news...gas/index.html

Apparently 90% (!!) of their population works for the government. Yikes.

The huge drop in oil prices is forcing a day of reckoning on them. They may even have to instituted income taxes and sales taxes (Horrors!).

I love this quote:
--------------------------------------------------
"The Saudis have used their economic power to buy off their population," says Jordan, who is currently serving as diplomat in residence at Southern Methodist University. He predicts Saudi Arabia may even have to start collecting an income tax or sales tax.
"Part of the leverage the regime has had on their people is that they don't impose taxes and therefore people don't expect representation," Jordan says. "But once they pay taxes, you're likely to see an increase in political unrest."
------------------------------------------------
Maybe, just maybe, when the average Saudi is forced to pay taxes, they will question how much money is being given to mosques and clerics and to fund Islamic fundamentalism around the world.

I can't wait for these fuckers to go broke.

I don't care if they have a violent revolution. We can ramp up our own fracking production - we were supposed to be a net exporter in the next few years anyhow (before the price drop). The faster it happens the better.

If jihadists take over Saudi Arabia and start exporting terrorism, they will finally have some fixed assets that they can lose. When we blow up their rigs and mine their harbors, they will be strangled for money and will have to figure out how to run a real economy on something other than Quran verses.

Starvation will focus their minds.
  • DSK
  • 01-05-2016, 07:19 PM
Here is a cheerful report about our Saudi "allies":

http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/05/news...gas/index.html

The huge drop in oil prices is forcing a day of reckoning on them. They may even have to instituted income taxes and sales taxes (Horrors!).

I love this quote:
--------------------------------------------------
"The Saudis have used their economic power to buy off their population," says Jordan, who is currently serving as diplomat in residence at Southern Methodist University. He predicts Saudi Arabia may even have to start collecting an income tax or sales tax.
"Part of the leverage the regime has had on their people is that they don't impose taxes and therefore people don't expect representation," Jordan says. "But once they pay taxes, you're likely to see an increase in political unrest."
------------------------------------------------
Maybe, just maybe, when the average Saudi is forced to pay taxes, they will question how much money is being given to mosques and clerics and to fund Islamic fundamentalism around the world.

I can't wait for these fuckers to go broke.

I don't care if they have a violent revolution. We can ramp up our own fracking production - we were supposed to be a net exporter in the next few years anyhow (before the price drop). The faster it happens the better.

If jihadists take over Saudi Arabia and start exporting terrorism, they will finally have some fixed assets that they can lose. When we blow up their rigs and mine their harbors, they will be strangled for money and will have to figure out how to run a real economy on something other than Quran verses.

Starvation will focus their minds. Originally Posted by ExNYer
Well, those trends are certainly correct, but they do have significant resources to tide them over. They have made worldwide exploration and new drilling go down, and the lower price of oil has resulted in record car sales of gas guzzlers, so unfortunately, they will probably be able to ride through it while others collapse, then start making huge profits in oil again when the price recovers.
Once we get a look at the redacted pages of the 911 report, we will see that the Saudis played a huge role in the 911 attack. But they have oil, so we launch an attack on Afghanistan, just to show we can be tough. It's time to quit kissing Saudi ass.
  • WTF
  • 01-06-2016, 05:47 AM
Stupid Bitch. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Is that all you have? You sound like a parrot.
  • WTF
  • 01-06-2016, 05:53 AM
Some say that was going to happen a few years ago when the Iranian Supreme Leader had the protests crush by shooting people on the streets. Various leaders pleaded with Obama to get involved but he just sat on his hands. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Stupid fucks like you do not understand that while neither are our friends...the Saudis are no better than the Iranians. Obama seems to have made the exact same decision Reagan made in the 80's. We should be playing those cocksuckers aganist each other instead of the other way around. Bush's war and its resulting 100 dollar oil played right into the whole regions hands.
Stupid fucks like you ...... Originally Posted by WTF
Does that make you "feel" smarter? Like you "understand" and others don't?

You are the one who would rather fight terrorism here at home.

And you call others "stupid fucks"?
  • WTF
  • 01-06-2016, 06:15 AM

And you call others "stupid fucks"? Originally Posted by LexusLover
Listen LL...You too are a stupid fuck for point out me calling gnadfly a stupid fuck and not pointing out his name calling.

Next...it is neocons like yourself that are spending this nation into a hole with all this nation building talk about fighting them over there. 9/11 showed just how little power these fuckers have. 9/11 was not a major military victory and it is their greatest victory . Had we not overreacted because of neocons like you we might not have this huge debt load now.

.... Originally Posted by ExNYer
That's a Democrats wet dream!

Is that all you have? You sound like a parrot. Originally Posted by WTF
And you sound like a stupid bitch. All you have is homoerotic imagery. I have a lot more but your poor reading comprehension and inability to form logical conclusions precludes you from seeing it.

Stupid fucks like you do not understand that while neither are our friends...the Saudis are no better than the Iranians. Obama seems to have made the exact same decision Reagan made in the 80's. We should be playing those cocksuckers aganist each other instead of the other way around. Bush's war and its resulting 100 dollar oil played right into the whole regions hands. Originally Posted by WTF
You also rely on disproved arguments, strawmen, misused terms, insults and "mind reading." That's your "tiny toolbox."

(BigIdiot Smilicons Added For Emphasis)

And you call others "stupid fucks"? Originally Posted by LexusLover
How's that working out for the French?
Listen LL... Originally Posted by WTF
Is that the way you talk to the "undocumented aliens" working on your house!

I'm not sure how you, THE BIGGEST STUPID FUCK ON HERE, would even remotely have any idea who was "stupid" and who was not! ...

Does it make you feel smarter to call people "stupid"?

You should have learned a long time ago .... I don't "listen" to you, primarily because you have nothing new for me to hear! Got it, little boy?