c-130 hercules lands on aircraft carrier

Thank you - TWK - accurate. Takeoff of the B-25's was also enabled by the carriers course at max speed into a head wind - providing 'relative airspeed" and lift for takeoff.

The short takeoffs were practiced at Eglin Field in Valparaiso, Florida.
https://b-25history.org/doolittle/training.htm

James Doolittle won the Medal of Honor for his work on developing and leading the raid on Tokyo! Originally Posted by oeb11

even today current carrier tactics call for turning into the wind for launch operations and this is with catapults and jet engines at full power on takeoff.

i've seen this in action on the USS America. you can't be on the flight deck during operations unless you are part of the air group but you can go up to the top of the tower and watch. it's an awesome sight.

i have seen this not just in air ops for qualifications but for real. real air ops where the planes were fully loaded for combat. i found myself in the Mediterranean Sea after the Beirut barracks bombing. no more practice. no more drills. real full combat status for 45 days. 12 hours duty shifts. 24 hour a day flight ops. we never did a strike but if Ronnie had given the word we would have.

while briefly on the USS Tarawa which is a amphibious assault ship meaning no cats and they use Harrier vstol jets. this was a family day cruise where the Tarawa went out for a day cruise with the ship loaded up with dependents and they did a flight ops demonstration. the Navy does not half ass anything, ever. so it was done with full ops including a standby rescue chopper as always.

they had a harrier jet do a flyby for the dependents. the jet came along side and matched speed with the Tarawa at about 25 knots and about 200 yards off the starboard side of the ship. the jet was about 12 stories up from the sea and about two stories above the flight deck.

i was on top of the tower watching this (in the safe zones so you wouldn't get yer nuts fried by the radar) and suddenly the jet had a catastrophic engine failure and dropped like a rock into the ocean off San Diego.i immediately looked over to the flight deck and saw the flight deck officer signal the rescue chopper with "throttle up" and that chopper literally jumped off the fight deck straight up. the rescue chopper is always at idle during flight ops meaning the engine was powered on and the blades were rotating slowly. the pilot went full throttle and that chopper shot off the deck like a rocket and they had a rescue diver in the water in 2 minutes flat.

too late. the harrier pilot died instantly from the sudden drop with a basal skull fracture. he was dead the moment he hit the water. same thing happened to Dale Earnhardt when he hit the wall at Daytona at 200 mph,
even today current carrier tactics call for turning into the wind for launch operations and this is with catapults and jet engines at full power on takeoff.

i've seen this in action on the USS America. you can't be on the flight deck during operations unless you are part of the air group but you can go up to the top of the tower and watch. it's an awesome sight.

i have seen this not just in air ops for qualifications but for real. real air ops where the planes were fully loaded for combat. i found myself in the Mediterranean Sea after the Beirut barracks bombing. no more practice. no more drills. real full combat status for 45 days. 12 hours duty shifts. 24 hour a day flight ops. we never did a strike but if Ronnie had given the word we would have.

while briefly on the USS Tarawa which is a amphibious assault ship meaning no cats and they use Harrier vstol jets. this was a family day cruise where the Tarawa went out for a day cruise with the ship loaded up with dependents and they did a flight ops demonstration. the Navy does not half ass anything, ever. so it was done with full ops including a standby rescue chopper as always.

they had a harrier jet do a flyby for the dependents. the jet came along side and matched speed with the Tarawa at about 25 knots and about 200 yards off the starboard side of the ship. the jet was about 12 stories up from the sea and about two stories above the flight deck.

i was on top of the tower watching this (in the safe zones so you wouldn't get yer nuts fried by the radar) and suddenly the jet had a catastrophic engine failure and dropped like a rock into the ocean off San Diego.i immediately looked over to the flight deck and saw the flight deck officer signal the rescue chopper with "throttle up" and that chopper literally jumped off the fight deck straight up. the rescue chopper is always at idle during flight ops meaning the engine was powered on and the blades were rotating slowly. the pilot went full throttle and that chopper shot off the deck like a rocket and they had a rescue diver in the water in 2 minutes flat.

too late. the harrier pilot died instantly from the sudden drop with a basal skull fracture. he was dead the moment he hit the water. same thing happened to Dale Earnhardt when he hit the wall at Daytona at 200 mph, Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

damn shame to watch somebody you don't know die on that flight.
damn shame to watch somebody you don't know die on that flight. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

his family was on the cruise. wife and two kids. if you think i felt bad ..
I thought this thread was a review of Chung Tran fucking another 400lb hooker.
I thought this thread was a review of Chung Tran fucking another 400lb hooker. Originally Posted by gnadfly

eye can't square how you thought C-130 Hercules lands on aircraft carrier equates to chung tran fucks 400# hooker thread....

lol
There was no engine failure, catastrophic or otherwise. The primary cause of the crash was determined to be pilot error. The plane was flown into the water. The pilot, Maj. Tyler Thomas, was divorced. He had 1 daughter who was 7 at the time of the crash. There is no mention of the daughter being on the ship. The pilot's fiancee was on the ship.

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/77316

So in other words,you are lying about seeing this accident happen. Big difference between "dropping like a stone" and flying into the sea.
Don't worry. The lying liars don't care if you are caught lying. And none of the people you told your bullshit story to over the years know you've been busted on it.
The truth was a good story. But not good enough for you apparently.
Tell me another sea story.

his family was on the cruise. wife and two kids. if you think i felt bad .. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
That 130 would be an @76,000 pound hooker.
eye can't square how you thought C-130 Hercules lands on aircraft carrier equates to chung tran fucks 400# hooker thread....

lol Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
A helicopter sitting there on a flight deck with a spinning rotor during flight ops? Another good one.

The safety chopper is first up and last down.
What other sea stories do you have?

too late. the harrier pilot died instantly from the sudden drop with a basal skull fracture. he was dead the moment he hit the water. same thing happened to Dale Earnhardt when he hit the wall at Daytona at 200 mph, Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
A helicopter sitting there on a flight deck with a spinning rotor during flight ops? Another good one.

The safety chopper is first up and last down.
What other sea stories do you have?
Originally Posted by Munchmasterman

a thousand more than you. it's called on rescue standby .. butt you wouldn't know that would yous?

thank you valued poster
There was no engine failure, catastrophic or otherwise. The primary cause of the crash was determined to be pilot error. The plane was flown into the water. The pilot, Maj. Tyler Thomas, was divorced. He had 1 daughter who was 7 at the time of the crash. There is no mention of the daughter being on the ship. The pilot's fiancee was on the ship.

So in other words,you are lying about seeing this accident happen. Big difference between "dropping like a stone" and flying into the sea.
Don't worry. The lying liars don't care if you are caught lying. And none of the people you told your bullshit story to over the years know you've been busted on it.

it's classified. i could tell you butt ..

BAHHAHHAHAAAAAA

lol Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
That 130 would be an @76,000 pound hooker. Originally Posted by Munchmasterman

hmmm.. Forrestal is 82,000 tons.

I think chung tran is the 130, 400# hooker is the forrestal.
  • oeb11
  • 09-24-2020, 08:54 AM
TWK - thank youfor teh story - you were privileged to observe the operation.

My prayers for eh loss of the pilot - and to his family - 'Godspeed'!

Shows the Truth - "Freedom is not Free".

The hatred and contempt of the DPST's for our police and military - make it clear what morally bankrupt excuses for humanity they are.

you are a strange person munchy. i bet you went searching the interwebs certain you wouldn't find anything so you could post i made it all up but what did you find? the exact report of the incident i posted about. nice work! i didn't even bother but i'm not surprised it's online. besides i was there and this proof of it.

i would have loved to see the look of total shock on your face when you found this. priceless!!

so it was eventually ruled pilot error. i'm not an aviation crash expert. i saw it go down hard and fast. no one knew at that moment why. and you nitpick some details about his family that i had wrong? it ain't like i knew this guy personally. and this happened in 1981 not like it was yesterday and he did have his fiancee there. so it wasn't his wife. big deal.

but thanks for actually proving my "tall sea story" is true!!! nice job!!

Date:26-JUN-1981Time:
Type:
Hawker Siddeley AV-8A Harrier

Owner/operator:VMA-513 USMC
Fatalities:Fatalities: 1 / Occupants: 1
Other fatalities:0
Aircraft damage: Written off (damaged beyond repair)
Location:Pacific off USS Tarawa, off San Diego, CA - United States of America

Phase: Manoeuvring (airshow, firefighting, ag.ops.)
Nature:MilitaryDeparture airport:USS Tarawa
Destination airport:
Narrative:
Flew into the sea off the USS Tarawa, off San Diego, CA. Pilot killed

Obituary of pilot

MAJ. THOMAS W. TYLER
Died: June 26, 1981
Family members had been invited on board the amphibious assault ship Tarawa for a cruise, and Tyler's fiancee was watching as he did a demonstration flyby in his AV-8A. He was supposed to make several passes by the ship from stern to bow. But after the first pass, he changed direction, heading bow to stern. After narrowly missing the ship, the plane hit the water.

Investigators concluded the "primary cause of the accident was pilot error," noting that the presence of his fiancee "may have altered Maj. Tyler's previous conscientious flying attitude." Their report also faulted shipboard personnel for not warning Tyler sooner that he had strayed from his flight plan.

Tyler graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy and flew helicopters in Vietnam. But his real love was the Harrier. "He just loved to fly that plane," said John L. Tyler, his father.

Thomas Tyler, 33, was divorced and had a daughter, who was 7 at the time of the crash

now about that time the USS McKee reported a UFO ...

CLASSIFIED!!!!

BAHHAHAAAAAAAA
Trump's former Coast Guard chief endorses Biden, cites 'insurgency' on the Constitution

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/09/24/four-star-officers-endorse-biden-420953

The retired four-star officers are two of nearly 200 other retired generals and admirals who threw their support behind the former vice president. The group, which calls itself the National Security Leaders for Biden, also includes former defense secretaries, ambassadors, and a number of high-profile Republicans.

"We love our country. Unfortunately, we also fear for it,” the open letter said. "The COVID-19 pandemic has proven America needs principled, wise, and responsible leadership. America needs a president who understands, as President Harry S. Truman said, that ‘the buck stops here.’”

• oeb11
  • 09-24-2020, 06:37 PM
The 'Insurgency" against the Cosntitution is the One the DPST's are engaged in- 9500.
You look forward to their violent marxist revolution - until they come for poor, deluded 9500.

and - they will come for You.

BTW One surely loves his /her/its YSL meme. Come out of the closet - or not courageous enough.?