Ladies, how big of a deal is it if a guy is late to an appt?

Running late happens from time to time to all of us for reasons out of our control. However, there is no excuse for not calling once you realize you are going to be more than 5 minutes late. Everybody has cell phones.

The ones that drive me nutz are the outcalls to hotels. The lady calls to say she is almost there, be there in about 5 minutes. 30 minutes later, you're still sitting there twiddling your thumbs.
  • Old-T
  • 12-27-2011, 07:18 AM
Thank you so much for this post. I am sure the ladies love you. Originally Posted by ZarahAdams
I don't know about that, but many of them have been very kind to me. And that is all I can reasonably ask for.
I realize things happen, so being too late is not a big deal.

I schedule or pad extra time around each appointment, so if they they are early or late - I am ready.

I just expect common courtesy to call if you are running late.
I think you two are way too harsh. Shit happens. When the stars align, everyone is on time. However, the number of variables working into the alignment thing are too numerous to mention. Did the weather cooperate (recently, it caused a lady in Dallas to be late to our appointment by 30 minutes)? Are family issues cooperating? Are work issues cooperating?

I'm the kind of guy for which punctuality is a major issue. And when someone runs late, it pisses me off. Having said that, I recognize that this is one of my faults, and I try to allow for that...and have some level of forgiveness in me. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Big difference between late once a while (everyone) and NEVER on time (see original rant)
Having spent forever in sales..it's all about communication in both directions. Appointments run long...things crop up...It's about courtesy and professionalism. Text or call...pretty simple. A little grace please, in a frequently graceless age.
Most my experience with ladies being late have not been "volume" but one of two things:
--Small kids being small kids. Every two year ould in the universe will pick the most inopportune time to do something, even if they are told two days in advance. And teenage babysitters are not much better.
--The day job takes precidence. You or I are a small paycheck in comparison to her primary job. Listening to posts I suspect I see a larger fraction of ladies who do this as a second job, so maybe I run into this situation more than many. Originally Posted by Old-T
Thank you Old-T.
I don't care that much if I have no other appointments but I usually do so if it's more than half an hour I usually cut it short or cancel. It's not a big deal though, shit happens. Whatever.
Why does shit happen to the same people all the time?
Because no woman wants to mess with you?
I would rather a guy be on time or late, but not early.

Women just have a LOT to do to get ready. It would be nice to just wash and go like guys, but theres: Bathing, shaving (every hair off our entire body), washing hair, drying hair, flat ironing hair, curling hair, makeup, waxing eyebrows, painting nails and toes, picking lingerie, trying on outfits/shoes, bathing again (if we worked up a sweat drying hair), etc etc etc. And thats just for a regular GFE session.

So I tend to be either on time or a little late, but I am never early. If he is late, I dont mind. More time to primp and prepare.
Why does shit happen to the same people all the time? Originally Posted by simpleton
Broken internal clock.

My mom was a minimum of 45 minutes late to pick me up from school for like....four years.

Stop talking to strangers!!!!!!!!
At least there is a payoff in the hobby. How about waiting at the doctor's office? Now that just pisses me off. More than once I have just got up and left telling the receptionist when the office decides to respect my time call me . . . Originally Posted by pyramider
One secret to get out of the waiting room while you are in pain is to go up to the receptionist and say you are nauseous from the pain and are about to vomit. LOL this gets you right in. Remember this if you have a Kidney stone and are in the Doctors waiting room. :-)
I don't care that much if I have no other appointments but I usually do so if it's more than half an hour I usually cut it short or cancel. It's not a big deal though, shit happens. Whatever. Originally Posted by Shayla
This is why we love you. :-)
Broken internal clock.

My mom was a minimum of 45 minutes late to pick me up from school for like....four years.

Stop talking to strangers!!!!!!!! Originally Posted by SillyGirl
reminds me of my best friend lol If she says "i'll meet u at XYZ place at 7pm", either bring a book or don;t bother showing up will 8 - 8:30

Lina
  • Paven
  • 12-28-2011, 01:56 PM
Being on time is imperative. It does show professionalism and regard for others. If the fellow makes an appointment for 2:00 then please show up at the appointed time, and NEVER early! If he is more than 5 minutes late and hasn't sent a courtesy email letting me know, it gets me thinking that he is going to ncns me. I've been very fortunate that the majority of fellows that I've met since I have started have been very courteous and respectful and let me know right away if something is going to hold them up. I appreciate that. I was brought up to be on time to wherever I'm expected to be at. No Barney not all of us have cell phones lol (gave mine up 3 years ago) so when going on an outcall I'll leave early enough to give me some leeway time in case of unforeseen traffic or what not. I don't ever want anyone waiting on me. I also had Perfect Attendance all through school . Treat others as you want to be treated.