What's Your Favorite Steakhouse??

Papa's
Nick and Sam's

III Forks and Del Frisco's over-rated
Sizzler! I take all my fave call girls there.....
How has nobody mentioned the Keg? Thats my favorite place. Its nice but not super expensive.
What a fabulous topic. In DFW I always preferred The Silver Fox. Owned by the III Forks guys, but less expensive. Same III Forks salad and great filets. Also love Fogo, for a complete change of pace.

The best steakhouse I've ever been to, though, is Donovan's in San Diego. Especially the LaJolla location. Best food, service and ambiance, and that is compared to steak places on every continent but Antarctica. I make sure to dine there every trip to the Left Coast!
How has nobody mentioned the Keg? Thats my favorite place. Its nice but not super expensive. Originally Posted by Iron Chef

I did sir.
  • Oppa
  • 08-01-2011, 06:57 AM
There is only one steak house in Dallas. Bob's. Go to the location on Lemmon. After you go to Bob's, you won't want to go to any other steak house.
Bobs is very good and was even better when it was the original del friscos before they sold out. The brazilians are awesome (I have been in the meat biz for over 20 years) and nick and sams if probably my favorite but i am partial as one of the owners is friend of mine.. That being said I usually cook a steak at home and do a good job (even the morning news did a story on me last year)..
The best steak I've EVER had - was my ex's that he grilled for us. He even got my VERY picky, not much of a red meat eater son...to enjoy it cooked. (but he had to have it cooked like a hockey puck! LOL Got teased every single time)

But I learned which part of the rib eye was the best.

We went out to Princeton to a nice little home run meat shop called "Black Angus Meats" a few times and got some good cuts.
I would also watch the grocery store for their daily clearance items. (hey - we were about to cook it, so not like it's gonna go bad...or I'd freeze it)

So - I've been to Del Frisco's recently. Very nice - old school nice. And very good. Bone in rib eye is what I think I had. (pink, not bleeding)

There's a place in a hotel in Houston that has a steak house in it (galleria mall area) - and I love their Filet Mignon Oscared. MMMMM..

But - the last time I got it - it somehow made me sick. Not sure if I didn't chew my meat well enough (I was STARVING and whoofed it down) - so, I don't know if I would still want it again.

It was really good going down though...LMAO.
Not a steakhouse but the cowboy rib eye at Stephan Pyles is spectacular. Can rival anything from Nick and Sam's, Pappas, Del Frisco, Chamberlains, Silver Fox, Sullivans or any other place i forgot to mention. To me the real value of a steakhouse though is the effect a dinner at a great steakhouse has on your female companion. It can make a provider out of just about anybody.
I'm not a big meat eater, but Salt Grass has delicious baked sweet potatoes!!!
If paying $50 for a steak doesn't bother you, Morton's is the place. They'll even bring you a baked potato....for another $11. Stupid expensive.....but it is the shit.
CowCamp Steakhouse
On 287 just north of Decatur
To cook ribeye, strip, porterhouse, t-bone or whatever cut you like. Dredge in kosher salt and cook over hardwood charcoal, very, very hot. The salt will crystallize and seal in the juices. No seasoning needed. When steak is springy to the touch, it's medium. With practice you can learn to cook it rare, medium-rare, etc. to please any guest.

I currently like a Malbec with steak. Argentina produces several very good ones.

Beach
The best steakhouse I've ever been to, though, is Donovan's in San Diego. Especially the LaJolla location. Best food, service and ambiance, and that is compared to steak places on every continent but Antarctica. I make sure to dine there every trip to the Left Coast! Originally Posted by topguntex
It's been a long time since I have been to Donavan's. Is Ted Leitner still pitching for them?

If paying $50 for a steak doesn't bother you, Morton's is the place. They'll even bring you a baked potato....for another $11. Stupid expensive.....but it is the shit. Originally Posted by timpage
I went to Morton's Wednesday downtown. Yes, super expensive but damn good food and service.