Lurkers VS Posters

My belief is lurkers have alot to lose if they become too active and get caught...or they have their girls they want to see and dont see much else for a flavor of the month...which aint a bad thing
The majority of my clients are lurkers, and a lot don't write reviews, but they generally keep coming back, so no worries :-)
I have heard that they don't post because of the drama too, but also it's probably just not worth the hassle for them. I love my lurkers and posters equally, there are just more non-posters than posters that select me for my companionship.
It might also explain why some ladies don't have as many reviews or even newer reviews though.
  • merz5
  • 10-30-2012, 10:09 PM
There is more drama on this board than I would prefer but I think it is important to give as we'll as get. Information on this site has helped me find legit, quality providers (like Allie Kat) so I try to look past the drama and pull out the information I want/need. Thanks everyone.
No, it's just that the lurkers outnumber the posters by a LOT. For example, right now there are 5043 people on ECCIE (2373 members and 2655 guests). Only a tiny fraction of them will post anything, much less be a recognized name. Originally Posted by KCQuestor
I'd say Q is right on. It's a numbers game. With many more lurkers, providers have a higher likelihood of being visited by them, that is, unless there is something characteristic of lurkers that makes them more likely to make appointments than non-lurkers. Then the numbers game deteriorates.
I have heard that they don't post because of the drama too, but also it's probably just not worth the hassle for them. I love my lurkers and posters equally, there are just more non-posters than posters that select me for my companionship.
It might also explain why some ladies don't have as many reviews or even newer reviews though. Originally Posted by Allie_Kat
I completely agree with u Allie...(great thread, btw) I also dont have that many reviews. I respect the gentlemens privacy as much as they respect mine, so having a ton of reviews arent that important to me. I will, however, have some new ones added soon for ya'lls reading pleasure
  • FLA
  • 10-31-2012, 12:48 PM
Trust is very elusive, especially in this hobby.
If it weren't for the posters, there would be no lurkers.
But you could also say that without the lurkers there would be no posters. The lurkers pay most of the premium access and they drive the number of site visits up, which increases ad revenue.
Hi, I'm Rua. I'm a Lurker.

Lurk, lurk lurk loooom!!
My business is mostly "lurkers" like 80% even that might be a bit of a conservative estimate.
If it weren't for the posters, there would be no lurkers. Originally Posted by BigMikeinKC
But you could also say that without the lurkers there would be no posters. The lurkers pay most of the premium access and they drive the number of site visits up, which increases ad revenue. Originally Posted by KCQuestor
These are both very good points
In any business nothing happens until somebody sells something..
What would be the point of logging on to eccie if there were never anything to read?
I am a provider and most of my clients are non-posters 9 100%
I am a provider and most of my clients are posters 0 0%

I am a poster and a client 27 79%
I am a non-poster client 7 21%

I am just here for the conversation 1 3%

But some will not responde even to a survey. Originally Posted by newtotown
I am a provider and most of my clients are non-posters 12 100%
I am a provider and most of my clients are posters 0 0%
I am a poster and a client 43 70%
I am a non-poster client 18 30%
I am just here for the conversation 5 7%
In any business nothing happens until somebody sells something..
What would be the point of logging on to eccie if there were never anything to read? Originally Posted by malwoody
It would be an advertising site like BP or CityVibe or Eros. But I get your point, of course.