what just happened here?

JD,

While it was a good attempt to bring the discussion forward. How you choose to present the discussion was not look at favorably by management.

My guess the reason for the 10 points was for a blatant disregard of the forum guidelines. Like dude you should have known better.

I'm not sure who or how decides how many points for discipline are hand out or at what scale but I'm guessing 10 is for more severe infractions.
i just want to understand the policy and why it's in place. that's why i made the thread originally, because i was hoping to draw out that information. i'm just curious, but if the powers that be would be so kind as to explain the rationale i would consider it a fair trade for the 10 points. Originally Posted by john_deere
The rationale is that the owners do not want it discussed period sir. I suggest you email one of them if you are curious.
I'm not part of "ownership", so my opinion is just that....an opinion.
That being said, I would guess that "ownership" is forbidding the discussion of certain topics in an effort to limit their "liability". Lets be honest that the subject we're ALL here to discuss is one that is not legal. Therefore, it make sense to limit the "illegal" or "sometimes-legal" conversations to only the main subject we're here to discuss. Conversations regarding any other illegal or illicit activities bring an undue risk to an already risky topic to be posting publicly about.
If a legal issue arose for "ownership", they'd only need to fight a fight regarding our "main subject" and not have to deal with fights about any other subjects.
i think any discussion involving trading in or producing certain substances represents risk, but i can't see how individual members taking part, or mention of a non-member doing so, increases the already present hazard to any significant degree.