Prayers go to the ECCIE comunnity down at the golf

Why do the news always put a poor dude in the middle of the storm to show how bad it is ... they had this dude standing on the beach while the winds were hitting crazy speeds Originally Posted by downtownfellow

I know I am waiting/hoping for some news person to get blown over and roll away.
As soon as Harvey makes landfall it will start losing power. The only way Harvey will bounce back into the Gulf would be a high pressure system that will push it back. At that time Harvey will most likely be downgraded to a tropical storm. Originally Posted by pyramider
that's what I understood.. the high pressure system situated north of Austin WILL impede any northward progress, Harvey will bounce off it, and it is conjecture to say what direction the bounce will lead.. it may go directly back over Corpus into the Gulf, and return, or it may veer East and dump tons of rain on Houston/Galveston.
God bless you all. Please remember your credit cards get turned off! (Unless changed) so KEEP YOUR MONEY..
ID. If anyone elsrwhere is reading this before it goes dark.....remember the the song. " He aint heavy..hes my pia brother" God speed! Xxoo. Annie an co....
Harvey is weakening quickly after making landfall about 13 hours ago.

New projection is showing it will just keep heading North toward Austin and beyond (by Thursday) until it's not more.

The 3 feet of rain in some areas that was predicted didn't happen.

The other prediction where it will make a 180 back out to the gulf while still a hurricane and then regain strength over water before turning NE toward Houston is not going to happen either...
With more rain between now and Friday while Harvey crawls northward over Houston before completely leaving Texas by the end of the week, mandatory evacuations and curfews are in effect for many parts of Houston and surrounding counties.

I have friends in those mandatory and voluntarily evacuation areas on the maps!!

Where they are are going to go? Many of the roads, big and small, and highways and freeways are flooded. How are they going to even just get to one of the shelters?