Don't give money to charities. They are money scams.

I object as non-responsive.

I think that point your missing, and that Doove has made, is....You've repeatedly indicated that charity should be the way the poor are helped, not via government programs or tax dollars. The article indicates that many charitable organizations don't help the poor, they use the poor to scam people. Not surprisingly, when people find out that a charitable organization is scamming them, they react like ExNYer....and advocate not giving to charity. Get it now? You taking the position that the poor should be forced to rely on charity only doesn't end up doing much for the poor.

Let me know if you need more help. Originally Posted by timpage
Object all you want. You've got the morons singing your praises. Yes, private charity is the way to go. If you'd read my post, you'd understand. But since you obviously didn't, feel free to remain ignorant, and bask in the praises of the hopelessly mentally challenged. Enjoy!
Y'all might want to take a look at National Jewish Health in Denver CO before you tar all charities and charitable organizations.

Full Disclosure: They saved my life in 1995. Literally.
There are LOTS of good charities. Just check them out before you give. And we're glad you're still here, Sidewinder.
  • Doove
  • 06-16-2013, 06:09 AM
There are LOTS of good charities. Just check them out before you give. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
But i'll be too busy doing my research on the ingredients in all the foods i eat.
Please donate money to help hero George Zimmerman; a victim of the media and an overzealous prosecutor.
I wonder where Peta, Media Matters, Wounded Warrior, American Cancer Society, United Way and some of the other higher profile groups fall in.

I'm tired of the commercial of that woman with the voice box telling me to that if I smoke to tape your voice reading a book to your child. That commercial is paid for with US tax dollars and I see that commercial A LOT. Anybody who doesn't know cigarettes cause cancer needs to be culled from the herd anyway.