When a Hobbyist/Provider Outs You

Obviously some do, because it keeps happening. If you haven't noticed, there are some fucked up people out there. Originally Posted by still-asleep
The people doing the outing know exactly what they're doing. I seriously doubt they are under the impression that it's ok and will be swayed by any argument presented here.
The people doing the outing know exactly what they're doing. I seriously doubt they are under the impression that it's ok and will be swayed by any argument presented here. Originally Posted by TheBizzer
The OP wasn't addressing the people doing the outing. He was asking about what kind of punishments are in place for the snake in the grass who does it.
The OP wasn't addressing the people doing the outing. He was asking about what kind of punishments are in place for the snake in the grass who does it. Originally Posted by still-asleep
My bad, didn't read the whole thread. Seeing as this is the third or fourth thread I've seen in this forum alone regarding outing, has there been an answer? Is there any penalty for outing somebody?
What's the punishment?
How is it (punishment) meted out?
Who decides?
Where do you post the name of the person that outted you? Here on Eccie?

You would think that the same philosophy that kept the US and USSR from nuking one another back to the stone age (Mutually Assured Destruction) could be applied here. Unfortunately, some of the people doing the outting have little to lose and do not seem to fear being outted too. So do you simply blacklist that person and hope it's enough? Doesn't seem like an "eye-for-an-eye" justice but it rarely ever is. Should ECCIE have a section for Providers & Hobbyists where either can post the namses of people accused of outting someone? Does that invite abuse by people that would simply say "X outs Providers" or "Y enjoys outting Hobbyists"?

I do agree with a prior poster that it's also up to each of us to share as little personal info as possible with the other participant. Afterall, it might be more fun to "chat" about our lives with each other but you're accepting the risk when you do.
Essentially there is no punishment for the providers who do this to hobbyists. Hell, some of these bitches consider themselves GFE of the decade.

GFE of the fucking decade? Really?

I think they should be publicly shamed and ostracized from the community. Just my .2.

`
Essentially there is no punishment for the providers who do this to hobbyists. Hell, some of these bitches consider themselves GFE of the decade.

I think they should be publicly shamed and ostracized from the community. Just my .2.
` Originally Posted by Dannie

It boils down to this "How important is your quality of life?" If Hobbyists and Providers that out others are allowed to continue devstating the lives of others without fear of reprisal (i.e. punishment, loss of business or access to "relief wells" so to speak) it's going to keep happening. I'm not fond of the notion of "out me and I'll out you" because of all of the collateral damage." If a Hobbyist or Provider is outted why should you traumatize children of break the hearts of parents with such horrific news? It seems to boil down to immediate and irrevocable banishment (Providers lose the business and Hobbyists lose the access) but you still need some way to administer it including posting the info where its accessible.

I'm a big fan of judge's that make criminals wear a sign in public that tells everyone the crime he/she committed. Since you can't brand someone anymore or administer 30 lashes why not have a section where their offense(s) can be posted for everyone to review? Seems like the Alert section would be a good idea?
Dannie...I love you girl! For that let me buy you a drink.

There is no excuse to ever out anyone in our community! We all share a special and unique connection and should band together and take care of one another.

My dear friend got outed by a provider he had known for 7 years. Some might ask why did she have enough information on him to send a letter to his wife???
He is a good hearted man who sees the good in everyone, would do anything for anyone(and he did so much for her on so many different occasions).

We all share a part of ourselves and take a part of the other when we are intimate and taking things to a more personal level does happen...especially after 7 years.

I have been in the hobby for 8 years and I miss the family feel it used to hold, it was a place where we all genuinely cared for one another.

I still believe there are so many beautiful souls in this community and that they far out number the ones that have malicious agendas. I am an optomist and always will be so let's focus on how to make this community better than it has become.

Love to all!
Originally Posted by Dannie

Lol, that's funny. I think it's more like "Douche of the decade".

I think "she" should be outed. Many of us already know, but I think it should be public.
We all talk about keeping our info private....but we are not robots. We are humans and we actually get close to those we share our private time with. It may not be smart, but it is human nature. Do we deserve to be outed because of it? People who put other people's future and families in jeopardy should be dealt within the community, no matter who they are.

Dannie...I love you girl! For that let me buy you a drink.

There is no excuse to ever out anyone in our community! We all share a special and unique connection and should band together and take care of one another.

My dear friend got outed by a provider he had known for 7 years. Some might ask why did she have enough information on him to send a letter to his wife???
He is a good hearted man who sees the good in everyone, would do anything for anyone(and he did so much for her on so many different occasions).

We all share a part of ourselves and take a part of the other when we are intimate and taking things to a more personal level does happen...especially after 7 years.

I have been in the hobby for 8 years and I miss the family feel it used to hold, it was a place where we all genuinely cared for one another.

I still believe there are so many beautiful souls in this community and that they far out number the ones that have malicious agendas. I am an optomist and always will be so let's focus on how to make this community better than it has become.

Love to all! Originally Posted by femalehobbyist
Lucky, if I didn't know and love you so well I would be offended. This is becoming a sultry thread.

Websters definition of sultry stuffy,muggy,hot or stifling

You men are smart and wonderful. Be careful out there and let's all play nice.
Lol, that's funny. I think it's more like "Douche of the decade".

I think "she" should be outed. Many of us already know, but I think it should be public. Originally Posted by Jasser
As do I. The other thing to think about is that when things like this happen and no board name is mentioned, then suddenly everyone becomes a suspect to the rest of us that don't know who it is. Not very fair to the 99.9% of the providers (and hobbiests) that play by the rules.
don't expect to see board names ... but hopefully we can all read between the lines ... and ... pm is your friend!
Don't be callin' me nice. I'm on a mission to perfect asshole since I'm retired from all this sultry, stuffy, muggy, hot and stifling stuff. Now

Lucky, if I didn't know and love you so well I would be offended. This is becoming a sultry thread.

Websters definition of sultry stuffy,muggy,hot or stifling

You men are smart and wonderful. Be careful out there and let's all play nice. Originally Posted by femalehobbyist
Outing bad, take it from someone that was the target of outing.

Those who out should be exposed, but not by real names in open forums. Handles yes, RL info No.

They should also be Whupped...

PPE