Cigarettes

Well lets see. Shall the Govt, me & u, pay taxes for medicare coverage because we had real milk, eggs, sausage & bacon for 20 years or should we jack that tax up too? This started out as a basic question for people who enjoy smoking and if they had found a way around this ridiculous tax, not to voice a political agenda. Chill out & have a nice day.
what is the tax rate in PA?
PA increased theirs a while back, not worth me going there. They will probably go up again. They are going broke just like NY. This will all go black market pretty soon.
PA increased theirs a while back, not worth me going there. They will probably go up again. They are going broke just like NY. This will all go black market pretty soon. Originally Posted by Irishscott
Black market and substitution.

What have the tax confiscators been doing about loose leaf tobacco taxes these days? Maybe everyone will learn how to roll their own.
Black market and substitution.

What have they tax confiscators been doing about loose leaf tobacco taxes these days. Maybe everyone will learn how to roll their own. Originally Posted by NormalBob
hmmm I never learned how to do that. Can you show me how to roll my own. Strange I was thinking you where a non-smoker hmmmmmm

also good as a cigar tip cutter, keep your fingers clear. Or rolling your own may just get harder.

I got some old tires. Where do we donate to close state Thruway and southern terr express way again.
hmmm I never learned how to do that. Can you show me how to roll my own. Strange I was thinking you where a non-smoker hmmmmmm Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
I will smoke an occasional cigar.

I'm just a radical and don't think the government should be controlling how adults choose to lead their lives.
I will smoke an occasional cigar.

I'm just a radical and don't think the government should be controlling how adults choose to lead their lives. Originally Posted by NormalBob
I hear ya
Looks like Custers last stand all over again. Glad I'm not Gov Pat, but I do wish him well, LMAO.
i pay my taxes why shouldn't you pay yours?
Another one. I pay my taxes. That's not the "point" of the discussion.
i pay my taxes why shouldn't you pay yours? Originally Posted by sunnydayve
Maybe some do not like to pay more taxes than the cost + profit of the product before the sales tax.

And soon a tax on tanning. Again before the sales tax. Baaaa Baaaa We the sheep to form a more perfect union Baaaa baaaa!!!!!
AUTHOR:Daniel Webster (1782–1852)

QUOTATION:
The power to tax is the power to destroy.

ATTRIBUTION:
This quotation comes from the words of DANIEL WEBSTER and those of JOHN MARSHALL in the Supreme Court case, McCulloch v. Maryland.

Webster, in arguing the case, said: “An unlimited power to tax involves, necessarily, a power to destroy,” 17 U.S. 327 (1819).

In his decision, Chief Justice Marshall said: “That the power of taxing it [the bank] by the States may be exercised so as to destroy it, is too obvious to be denied” (p. 427), and “That the power to tax involves the power to destroy … [is] not to be denied” (p. 431).