Biden is no friend to the Workingman

• WTF
  • 09-09-2022, 04:20 PM
Im in construction. I see it everyday! Also happens in other occupations.

Link that it dont happen! And not supported by la raza
Back to topic

joeys war on emissions have driven this inflation. Resulting in working folks families to have less from check to check Originally Posted by winn dixie
Inflation was hitting as soon as we opened up our economy....it would have happened much sooner had it not been for that seconds wave. He'll were China to open up balls to the walls....we'd have much much more.

There has been a huge recalibration in supply chains and energy flows, in case you haven't noticed.

Nothing Biden could do about what happened....oh he could have cowtowed to Putin and gave him Ukraine but Putin would be rolling in t o Germany by now!
  • Tiny
  • 09-09-2022, 04:35 PM
A majority of illegals are paid in cash. So never reported and no ss taxes paid in. Everything they do is in cash. Originally Posted by winn dixie
Im in construction. I see it everyday! Also happens in other occupations. Originally Posted by winn dixie
Interesting. If you believe the Social Security Administration, you're right. The SSA estimated there were 3.1 million unauthorized immigrants working and paying social security taxes in 2010. And 3.9 million working in the underground economy and not paying social security taxes. So, like you said, the majority never reported and paid no social security taxes.

Here's a link. See the end of page 2 and the start of page 3.

https://www.ssa.gov/oact/NOTES/pdf_notes/note151.pdf

Aside: There were 10.8 million total unauthorized immigrants total. So that means 3.8 million wouldn't have been working at all. Now two of them would have been the El Salvadoran sugar babies who were living in my neighbor's basement. I'm not sure what the other 3,799,998 were doing. Btw, He tells me he saved no money going with the El Salvadorans instead of the usual GPS SMU sorority types. Two months in they were both demanding American Express Platinum cards.
  • Tiny
  • 09-09-2022, 04:40 PM
Inflation was hitting as soon as we opened up our economy....it would have happened much sooner had it not been for that seconds wave. He'll were China to open up balls to the walls....we'd have much much more.

There has been a huge recalibration in supply chains and energy flows, in case you haven't noticed.

Nothing Biden could do about what happened....oh he could have cowtowed to Putin and gave him Ukraine but Putin would be rolling in t o Germany by now! Originally Posted by WTF
Nothing Biden could have done my ass. You mentioned one thing, open back up to China, or at least slash the tariffs on toys, clothes and kitchen implements and the like. And the second and more significant would have been not to pass the American Rescue Plan, which even Larry Summers said was going to supercharge inflation.

I'd dare say a couple of those refineries mothballed during COVID would have re-opened if not for Biden's threats to knife the fossil fuels industry. Same for utilizing some of the excess capacity in the oilfield last year. That would have had a favorable effect on gasoline and other petroleum product prices. He rescinded many of Trump's executive orders that lowered the level of regulation on business. Good or bad, that drives up costs which are passed onto the consumer in the form of higher prices.

As to inflation hitting as soon as we opened up the economy, it was 1.4% YoY when Biden took office. And at least where I live, everybody had been back to work for six months. The first big bump up, to 4.2% in April and 5.0% in May, occurred when those $1400 per person checks were being spent. I guess everyone was buying stuff, like adav8s28's buddies who got new big flat screen TV's!!!

Inflation was already running 7.5% the month before Russia invaded Ukraine. Blaming inflation on Putin and Ukraine and entirely giving the Biden administration and Congress a pass is disingenuous. You're not giving the Trump administration a pass, are you, even though those big spending bills during COVID originated in Nancy Pelosi's House?
Inflation is not permanent at the rates they are currently. It’ll recede soon enough and all will be well with the world. System constraints with lityle if anything to do with Biden are driving inflation. Nonetheless, the taxes I pointed out will still be around hitting the poor while people like me won’t care. It doesn’t stop me from buying anything. Originally Posted by 1blackman1

And yet here you are "whining" about it or do you actually think that everybody with an opinion but YOU, are whining?
The Democrat party has all but deserted the working man and woman in favor of putting more criminals on the streets and demanding you use what ever pronoun they demand.

They are now in bed with the elites, especially college educated White women who were indoctrinated into their ideology in college, it seems it is all they learned.

The cultural shift in this country to the extreme Left, promulgated by Democrats, will destroy this country.
The millions of illegals also pay income tax-- and as an added bonus, they cannot get a refund at the end of the year, nor will they ever see a dime of the SSI they pay into.

Illegals still work here above the table. They either find employers that don't do E-Verify or they work under another identity-- either way, they don't risk deportation by trying to file a tax return... Originally Posted by Grace Preston
They may not be able to collect Social Security but they do get the benefit of living here, being able to access free healthcare, and to send their children to school which is paid for with property taxes which most of them DON'T pay. So illegals get many benefits for living in the US.
You'll love this...the federal government has pulled the license of two more refineries for NOT providing documentation to the EPA. They have to shut down just as they are going into the winter heating oil season. The price will go up for everyone...except Joe, Nancy, Chuck, Lori, Gavin, and any other elected official whose heating bill is paid for by us.
  • Tiny
  • 09-09-2022, 05:09 PM
You'll love this...the federal government has pulled the license of two more refineries for NOT providing documentation to the EPA. They have to shut down just as they are going into the winter heating oil season. The price will go up for everyone...except Joe, Nancy, Chuck, Lori, Gavin, and any other elected official whose heating bill is paid for by us. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Absolutely unbelievable. We're in danger of having huge shortages of heating oil in the northeast this winter. And the EPA is shutting down refineries.
It's going to be an interesting winter to say the least.

I think the GOT people were ahead of their time when they told us that "winter is coming".

If Democrats manage to stay in control of the government till 2024, I predict they will never win another national election.
Absolutely unbelievable. We're in danger of having huge shortages of heating oil in the northeast this winter. And the EPA is shutting down refineries. Originally Posted by Tiny

Because their new religion has demanded it! And it doesn't really matter what happens as long as you are following the state sanctioned religion.

Wasn't it not that long ago ( yesterday ) that Democrats were telling us that religious fanatics will destroy America?
And yet here you are "whining" about it or do you actually think that everybody with an opinion but YOU, are whining? Originally Posted by HedonistForever
What did I whine about?
Absolutely unbelievable. We're in danger of having huge shortages of heating oil in the northeast this winter. And the EPA is shutting down refineries. Originally Posted by Tiny

I think I know the answer, but is there a legitimate link?

Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it, I have it on authority that ancient alien technology is going to eliminate all energy costs by November.
  • Tiny
  • 09-09-2022, 09:32 PM
I think I know the answer, but is there a legitimate link?

Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it, I have it on authority that ancient alien technology is going to eliminate all energy costs by November. Originally Posted by 69in2it69
That’s great news, about the alien technology!!!

I’m not sure which specific refineries Barleycorn was talking about. One may be the refinery in St Croix that’s currently shut down because of the EPA:

https://www.epa.gov/newsreleases/epa...ble-permitting

There have apparently been some environmental problems with this facility, although I’m not sure whether they’re severe enough that we should keep them shuttered given our current situation.

I stand by what I wrote about the effect of the positions of the Biden administration on carbon emissions on refining capacity.
What did I whine about? Originally Posted by 1blackman1

If Tiny was whining, according to you, then you were whining. Equal application of the definition. STOP the whining 1bm1.
  • WTF
  • 09-12-2022, 04:19 PM
They may not be able to collect Social Security but they do get the benefit of living here, being able to access free healthcare, and to send their children to school which is paid for with property taxes which most of them DON'T pay. So illegals get many benefits for living in the US. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
So you think renters and not indirectly paying property taxes?