Eclipse?

It's horrible, and you have to stand until you finish your experiment. Some experiments, you can take a small break.
Anyone traveling to get a close-up view of the solar eclipse? Originally Posted by MarcellusWalluz
Easier, safer, more educational: https://eclipse2017.nasa.gov/eclipse-live-stream
  • Trey
  • 08-19-2017, 08:40 AM
Wish I had a 10 pak of those glasses. I think you could sell/trade them for 10 hour long sessions based on the demand. Originally Posted by targaman85
I have 2 pairs of the glasses I will put one up for grabs lets see if I get any offers lol.

I saw a guy selling a pair on ebay for 50 bucks but they dont arrive till Tuesday. Guess the guy that buys them is prepared for 7 years from now.
I'll put up a welding lens. the big square not the vintage tiny size
Traveling to St. Clair, Missouri

A65
There will be another one that crosses Texas in 2024. I will just wait for that one.
^^^^^ Forecast shows cloudy and thunderstorms that day.
So did anybody go blind?
  • Trey
  • 08-21-2017, 06:32 PM
No blindness here. Glasses worked fine. No offers for booty for second pair so sad. But at least the next total eclipse will be a closer drive.
Sold my extra lens at a gas station. Nice profit.
I just got back last night from a week exploring Kansas City with a wonderful gent, and had a grand view of the awesome celestial event on a hilltop through the clouds. (We were Irish lucky, as many people who had traveled far to Missouri were disappointed by storm-blocked views.) Snapped some great photos of the eclipse through appropriate filters. Rain moved in moments after totality and parts of Kansas City flooded, and I just returned to find Houston on the verge of imminent flooding from Hurricane Harvey. Ye Gods, the precipitation forecasts are dire!

Mother Nature is the most wicked witch of all.

Will try to post pics as soon as I find an image host site.
Very cool, Miss Fancy!
is it safe to stare at the pics?