True Detective

Thanks for the link!

Slackers here in Houston not caught up yet heh.. Originally Posted by TheDon
That's surprising. I would think the Houston/Beaumont/Lake Charles areas would be very into the show based on the pre-internet hobby culture mixed into the main story. It fascinates me to watch the things I read about on here from "back in the day" being played out to some degree in this show.
I just started true detective barely finished the first episode. Really liked it but the SO wants me to binge watch Dexter with her, which is not bad at all. ( I know I'm late watching that show) Originally Posted by incognitolatino
Watch this show first, it's only 8 episodes. And the first 4 seasons of Dexter are pretty damn good, one of the writers left after that season, and the show never really recovered.

That's surprising. I would think the Houston/Beaumont/Lake Charles areas would be very into the show based on the pre-internet hobby culture mixed into the main story. It fascinates me to watch the things I read about on here from "back in the day" being played out to some degree in this show. Originally Posted by thathottnurse
I'm sure the show will pick up even more steam once the season has ended.
I'm sure the show will pick up even more steam once the season has ended. Originally Posted by TheDon
I think its a one hitter quitter. Perhaps an American Horror Story type show with different stories and characters each season, but sadly only four more episodes left of Marty and Rust.
I think its a one hitter quitter. Perhaps an American Horror Story type show with different stories and characters each season, but sadly only four more episodes left of Marty and Rust. Originally Posted by thathottnurse
You're correct, new cast after this season, but I still think it will be just as popular once this season is over. People will hear about it, especially when Rust wins an emmy.

It's only 3 more episodes, lets just enjoy them

I believe in the writing, all done by one guy, no staff, I think I'll trust his vision of what this show becomes.
Is tonight episode 6 already?? Dang. I don't want it to be over.
It sucks it's ending soon, but I kind of like the idea of getting closure.

Can't wait for next week. Wonder why Marty was checking his gun...
Any of yall into the walking dead?
This was a great show.
There haven't been any spoilers in here, unless of course you haven't been keeping up, this is supposed to be discussion after all.

I finished House of Cards, great second season. And binge watching this show is probably a better idea. Originally Posted by TheDon
House of cards was even better this season imho...can't wait to see what an Underwood administration looks like and how much trouble Frank et. al get into. Pity about poor Doug.

Decided to binge watch True Detective with the SO as you suggested. We were both blown away, and she's a lot more critical than I. Looking forward to the next season with all new cast and story line.

This was a great show. Originally Posted by TheDon
Absolutely!
I actually started re watching the show, already a bunch of things I've seen that I missed the first go around.

@incognitolatino. Just started on season 3, I didn't think I'd like a show about zombies, but man this is some pretty good stuff.