Hey Rednecks, ObamaCare Will Only Hurt CEO's Paycheck

• CJ7
  • 09-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Okay, time for y'all to read between the lines on this one..
Only a democrat thinks taxing something makes it cheaper.

http://m.weeklystandard.com/blogs/ob...le_753721.html Originally Posted by silvester91999

from your article ..

Late last week a Stryker spokesperson told me that Obamacare will cost the company fully 20 percent of its total research and development investments.

CJ7.... true across the board for most pharmaceutical companies as well.... it takes away the creation of new drugs by the forcing of generics (mainly manufactured in China and India btw.. so you know those will all be safe).... too expensive to launch new products and fund R and D.....
  • CJ7
  • 09-10-2013, 03:12 PM
CJ7.... true across the board for most pharmaceutical companies as well.... it takes away the creation of new drugs by the forcing of generics (mainly manufactured in China and India btw.. so you know those will all be safe).... too expensive to launch new products and fund R and D..... Originally Posted by Pharmaguy729

from the same article

And although it's no secret that drug makers like Pfizer stand to profit billions because of the increased numbers of insured Americans and the corresponding increased need for medications--they're being hit with an excise tax as well - on brand name drugs--running in to the tens of billions of dollars ..

breaks my little heart big business has to pony up some tax $$ like the rest of the country
from your article ..

Late last week a Stryker spokesperson told me that Obamacare will cost the company fully 20 percent of its total research and development investments.

Originally Posted by CJ7
Umm CJ... Why did you leave this part out??

"There's a new 2.3 percent excise tax on medical device manufacturers. According to some reports, Kalamazoo based Stryker has laid off more than a thousand people because of it--and owes the federal government upwards of $100 million dollars this year alone.

Was that 1,000 CEO's
Are we taking your word for this? Originally Posted by ExNYer
He looks honest - besides, most CEO's are overpaid and more importantly, I'm not one of them!
  • CJ7
  • 09-10-2013, 04:29 PM
Umm CJ... Why did you leave this part out??

"There's a new 2.3 percent excise tax on medical device manufacturers. According to some reports, Kalamazoo based Stryker has laid off more than a thousand people because of it--and owes the federal government upwards of $100 million dollars this year alone.

Was that 1,000 CEO's Originally Posted by silvester91999

According to some

that's why
Late last week a Stryker spokesperson told me that Obamacare will cost the company fully 20 percent of its total research and development investments. Originally Posted by CJ7
hmmm...

I'm sure Stryker shareholders are comforted to know that only R&D will be cut, and not the executive washroom where the profits of tomorrow are made.
He looks honest - besides, most CEO's are overpaid and more importantly, I'm not one of them! Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
CEO as your job title?
from the same article

And although it's no secret that drug makers like Pfizer stand to profit billions because of the increased numbers of insured Americans and the corresponding increased need for medications--they're being hit with an excise tax as well - on brand name drugs--running in to the tens of billions of dollars ..

breaks my little heart big business has to pony up some tax $$ like the rest of the country Originally Posted by CJ7
If that's what really happens I wouldn't care, but its not. The price of the product goes up to pay for the tax increase. That makes it another hidden tax on the American people.
CEO as your job title? Originally Posted by huskerman23
I'm lamenting the fact I'm not one of the overpaid CEO's!
With your superior education, intellect and morality, JL/Rocky/Marshall/LK, Im surprised you're not CEO of the whole fucking world!