Anyone been to Branson recently?

Oddly enough my friend girl is there with her daughter and grandkids this weekend..probably not doing what you may want to so but I'll let you know what I hear...I know they are going to the Dixie stampede
Paula Deen’s. Down at the landing. It’s really really good . It on on north end of the landing. Bass pro is on south end of landing. Paula deens just opened couple month ago
Heading there for Thanksgiving week. Eating at Silver Dollar City buffet on Thanksgiving Day and staying for the light show.
Paula Deen’s. Down at the landing. It’s really really good . It on on north end of the landing. Bass pro is on south end of landing. Paula deens just opened couple month ago Originally Posted by drive10

OK I won't be labeled a racist if I eat there, right? I'm staying at the landing and I haven't had good fried chicken in a long time. Also love me some butter!

• Dbuck
  • 11-17-2019, 08:15 PM
I’m here in Branson now
I’m here in Branson now Originally Posted by Dbuck

Try Paula's chicken and report back how good it is!
  • Dbuck
  • 11-19-2019, 07:06 AM
That’s very racist of you Exchequer. Just because I’m black you expect me to order chicken and then report back to you as though I’m some kind of chicken expert.......................j ust kidding. I did order the chicken and it was surprisingly good. As a matter of fact everything was pretty darn good. Definitely worth the trip. I didn’t realize there is only two prices choose. After choosing which protein and sides, it’s served family style with as many additional portions as you can eat without any take homes.
Thanks for the report! I talked with a co-worker yesterday that recently went there and although she didn't have the fried chicken she said a lot of what she did eat was rather bland.

Just for the record, the racist part was because of the "hot water" Paula Deen herself landed into back in 2013.
  • Dbuck
  • 11-20-2019, 07:54 AM
Yea I knew about the comments and her views. But I have to buy things from people who I know hate me and all black people. But sometimes it’s unavoidable and sometimes it may get in the way of me and good food.
  • Dbuck
  • 11-20-2019, 07:58 AM
For the record I consider myself somewhat of an expert in good cooking. I’m from Louisiana, a place known for well seasoned and great tasting food. Although I wouldn’t call it well seasoned, it all tasted pretty good.
For the record I consider myself somewhat of an expert in good cooking. I’m from Louisiana, a place known for well seasoned and great tasting food. Although I wouldn’t call it well seasoned, it all tasted pretty good. Originally Posted by Dbuck

Well I am heading out tomorrow so I will report back on Paula's chicken.

Yes Louisiana is known for good cooking. I look for that plus a chef that is fat. You know the food it great! I Garontee!

• Dbuck
  • 11-21-2019, 07:29 PM
I went back to eat there again today.
I went back to eat there again today. Originally Posted by Dbuck

I pussed out tonight and went to Saltgrass down the landing. There was a high percentage of elderly people eating around 6pm at Paula's.

Tomorrow I will try again.
I dont care whether you are white OR black,if you dont like good fried chicken then YOU ARE A YANKEE lol!

Btw..I lived in New Orleans 6 beautiful yummy years!
I dont care whether you are white OR black,if you dont like good fried chicken then YOU ARE A YANKEE lol!

Btw..I lived in New Orleans 6 beautiful yummy years!
Originally Posted by DallasRain

Ms. Dallas I am so glad you are roadtripping to my city tomorrow cause Branson was a complete bust!