Addison - what's the secret?

I don't care for Addison. The hotels are damn near double the average for DFW, the guys are annoying and expect too much and the calls aren't worth staying there for long if you're in a hotel. The apartments are kinda cheap but unless you actually live or work in Addison, nobody is about to drive over there lmaoo. Clients like it cause they usually work in the area or near downtown, providers I don't know like.....its not... its really not that great. Greek and bb providers got it made there and Plano but everybody else would rather be in south Dallas/Irving or something where the calls are more steady. I think the allure is the Galleria. People assume it brings hella tourism which equals money but in actuality, nobody visits Dallas for the freaking Galleria ROFL. Its like a fake uppity area that seems rich and glamorous until you turn down Arapaho and realize its just like the rest of Dallas.
  • BLM69
  • 10-17-2018, 12:41 PM
I don't care for Addison. The hotels are damn near double the average for DFW, the guys are annoying and expect too much and the calls aren't worth staying there for long if you're in a hotel. The apartments are kinda cheap but unless you actually live or work in Addison, nobody is about to drive over there lmaoo. Clients like it cause they usually work in the area or near downtown, providers I don't know like.....its not... its really not that great. Greek and bb providers got it made there and Plano but everybody else would rather be in south Dallas/Irving or something where the calls are more steady. I think the allure is the Galleria. People assume it brings hella tourism which equals money but in actuality, nobody visits Dallas for the freaking Galleria ROFL. Its like a fake uppity area that seems rich and glamorous until you turn down Arapaho and realize its just like the rest of Dallas. Originally Posted by kushella
For the record, Greek and BB providers can make it anywhere
I think it's the "quiet" factor. Some areas of DFW are rougher and some areas are nicer but Addison seems way quieter in the various apartment complexes than what I see in other spots. I couldn't imagine walking around my block in the middle of the day and literally only seeing one or two people.

Higher proportion of 9-5 people. Other areas will have more of a mixture of college students, night shift workers, 9 to 5ers, retirees etc.
In my 8 yrs in this lifestyle, Addison proper, has always been a no go for me. It's a little too hot for my taste.

The Dallas area that borders Addison/Plano is often referred to as the Addison or Galleria area; but, it is Dallas and yes, it's a pretty good area for several reasons.
For the record, Greek and BB providers can make it anywhere Originally Posted by BLM69
Greek always has my attention
In no way is it cheaper.... just provider friendly condo renters ;-)