Game Change.. so glad McCain did not win

Haven't read the book, so I can't say whether it's true or not. (Unlike some on here.) However, the choice between Obama and McCain meant we were doomed if we do, and doomed if we don't. It was a true Hobson's Choice. Fortunately, it could never happen again.

Oops. Obama and Romney. It only gets worse.
  • WTF
  • 03-13-2012, 08:32 AM
Does anybody think Sara Palin was up to snuff on national politics?

I still don't.

She talks in sound bytes.

If you are familiar with a subject matter, you know when someone is bullshitting their way around it. Sara Palin was an expert in this.

My friends on the right might argue that Obama was much the same. Fair enough .

But there is very little doubt Sara Palin can debate a subject. She can comment on things and fire up the ignorant base like she does on Fox News but she quit on Alaska in part because she had be exposed as a fraud. Not only that , big oil hated her and was going to make her a one termer. She knew it and quit.
Haven't read the book, so I can't say whether it's true or not. (Unlike some on here.) However, the choice between Obama and McCain meant we were doomed if we do, and doomed if we don't. It was a true Hobson's Choice. Fortunately, it could never happen again.

Oops. Obama and Romney. It only gets worse. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
COG, the book is unsourced. Even the book's authors and the movie's producers acknowledge that fact. You do not need to read it to know that. Besides, if you read the book, would you be able to discern what is true from what is fabricated?

"'Game Change' has its detractors, mostly liberal bloggers who question the news value in behind-the-scenes tidbits from the campaign, as well as the reliance on anonymous sources to reconstruct many events.
'Just when you think the news cycle can't get any stupider, Mark Halperin publishes a book,' Christopher Hayes, Washington editor of The Nation, wrote on Twitter."
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.c...8C3D2347C82C8B

"The revelations are sometimes unsourced and often omniscient."
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/17/fa...beth.html?_r=1

The principals deny the veracity of both the book and the movie. Since the authors - authors seeking to profit from their slurs - did not source their work, the whole thing becomes "s/he said - s/he said": tit for tat. A book that doesn't or is incapable of citing original sources is no better than fiction. Yet again, when lefties depend on a comedian, Jon Stewart, for their news, and fictional films and books for their history, it's no wonder lefties don’t have a grip on reality.