Your Opinion: Best TV Sit-Com of All Time

M*A*S*H* - Just an outstanding comedy with just the right amount of humanity to keep you grounded that war is the real obscenity. (Not what we do!)
family guy!!!! Lol
MASH and All in the family
Jeez. If I had to pick one it would be Seinfeld, as I was at the age where I had not yet come to be cynical about the art form, and I recall making a point of getting to the TV...no DVR yet...at a certain time to watch it with others, while I was in college, and ten years later. That is so rare these days. Now the greedy bastards are syndicated before you can blink.

However it is hard to deny All In The Family (the low budget being a big selling point, as is the fact you could almost count The King of Queens as imitations), Cheers, Mash, Lucy, and three I'm surprised have yet to be mentioned: Taxi, Barney Miller, and The Odd Couple.

If it were my thread, I would reject animated programs or programs not interrupted my commercials. But if it were half hour comedys, all formats included, The Simpsons would be a strong pic.

Not a candidate for best ever, Jim Jefferies' Legit is pretty damn funny, with a heart, on FX.

Doh! A personal favorite: WKRP in Cincinnati. Who would've thought turkeys can't fly?
A toss up between Seinfeld and All in the Family.

"Our Gang" with the little rascals back in the 30's was pretty funny. Don't think it was considered a sitcom though.
M*A*S*H* - Just an outstanding comedy with just the right amount of humanity to keep you grounded that war is the real obscenity. (Not what we do!) Originally Posted by Perryay
Great insight, Perryay.
  • Tiger
  • 03-10-2014, 03:31 PM
Seinfeld
Honeymooners
I Love Lucy
The Big Bang Theory
Cheers
M*A*S*H
The Simpsons
Friends
The Wonder Years
Two and a Half Men
The Dick Van Dyke Show
Bob Newhart show / Newhart
Mary Tyler Moore
Bewitched
Benson
Taxi
Sanford and Son
Soap
Home Improvement
Married with Children

WORST LIST:
Urkel
Mork & Mindy
Three's Company
What's Happening
All American Girl
The Nanny
The Greatest American Hero
Alf
Silverspoons
Cavemen
Joanie Loves Chachi
Rob
Small Wonder
According to Jim
Maude, if only to watch Adrienne Barbeau's tits.

• MC
  • 03-10-2014, 03:54 PM
Personally I'm a big fan of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Murphy Brown, because it pissed off the Republican religious hypocrites.
M*A*S*H*
Have to go with MASH. Still watch it when it's on.
M*A*S*H fans might be interested to know that Alan Alda is a science enthusiast and has been serving as the very capable host of the excellent PBS show Scientific American Frontiers since 1993.
  • Tiger
  • 03-10-2014, 05:06 PM
Maude, if only to watch Adrienne Barbeau's tits.

Originally Posted by jokacz
Maude, if only to watch Adrienne Barbeau's tits. Originally Posted by jokacz