Fiscal cliff and the hobby

Hobbyist: "blah, blah, blah... Economy... blah, blah, blah... Recession... blah, blah, blah... You bitches need to charge less."

Provider: "blah, blah, blah... Economy... blah, blah, blah... Recession... blah, blah, blah... You assholes need to pay more." Originally Posted by enderwiggin
The subject of the thread seemed clear in title so why bother reading if you find the subject blah, blah, blah?
I've heard from several of the girls that I see about how slow it is. I am reluctant to advise them to lower their rates. They would probably think I was just trying to get them down on their prices for my own financial benefit. So I am going more and more to the utr's and the more reasonable ones (around $200.00). When I see the economy turning around I will start spending more freely.
If it is as slow as these girls are saying, which I don't doubt because I really believe that when the govt. sucks as much money out of the private economy as it has, there is much less discretionary cash laying around to spend. Then cash is king and anybody with any common sense will want to hold onto their already taxed cash. The only solution is cut prices and work harder or go with fewer clients. Just saying.
Has no effect on me ...
Im still going strong...
My bad.
I'm not certain this actually has much of an effect on the market, at least not this early on in the year.

I think hobbyists will always find a way to see providers no matter the economy
If you are a person that lives within your means, you should be able to maintain the same level as before.

If you were stretching to either make it happen OR hide it, yeah....you may be fucked.

At least most of you don't have to pay for two....
It's Obamanomics in general - everywhere I go, no matter what the business, but especially in the realm of discretionary spending, and hobbying is certainly that, business is slow because of the uncertainty these fools/creeps engender. The only people making a buck right now are those selling firearms and ammunition, and that will slow down as soon as these same people shut up, that is if they ever do. GTFO2016....
To me it is simple supply and demand just like any other business. If you are too busy raise your prices to control the amout of client's you see. If you are slow, lower your rates until you get to where you are comfortable.
Raising your prices when you are already slow is the opposite of what should be happening.

JMHO...
To me it is simple supply and demand just like any other business. If you are too busy raise your prices to control the amout of client's you see. If you are slow, lower your rates until you get to where you are comfortable.
Raising your prices when you are already slow is the opposite of what should be happening.

JMHO... Originally Posted by stickitinyou
That is exactly the issue.
Always has been.

Individuals or single small businesses may have not have been effected by the overall financial situation yet...but everyone has heard of someone complaining about it already....predictions are that we will all feel it seriously in the next 2 years.

Ladies, if you don't realize it...your demand pool is drying up as their demand pools are drying up also...they will be unable to afford such services and will seek more realistic connections...not personal...just biz.

Guys, as the demand pools get smaller, Ladies will seek other methods of revenue...get connected so you can maintain your personal supply chain...and shop those services.
This is how small businesses are born and prosper.

DUH...
L8r
r9
Or they might have owned $AAPL this week.....
Sounds like a reasonable assumption.... ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ..
They likely purchased at the end of Q3-12 on the advice of their full time broker after intense Bloomberg review...

Been long and wrong ever since....and today was so much fun... now they can't wait for some serious Greekin' from someone besides the market.

L8r
r9
If you are a person that lives within your means, you should be able to maintain the same level as before.

If you were stretching to either make it happen OR hide it, yeah....you may be fucked.

At least most of you don't have to pay for two.... Originally Posted by Liliana Vess
That seems an ignorant statement. If someones take home pay changes by $100/week it changes the means to which you refer. That may be the difference between stretching and comfortable.