Responding to References

• Low-T
  • 02-06-2019, 05:03 PM
Low-T, you should let us know who these providers are. If there are providers who demand references, but wont give them out, we should know who they are so won't give them business. Originally Posted by supercold1
If I do this openly, the one who blocked me will know and might seek revenge. She knows who she is already and is probably keeping up with this post to see if I out her. One of her requirements for prescreening included my Linkedin site. That has my work information and just about everything about me. I don't mind sharing this info to gentleman as a PM. But I am sure the ladies will not appreciate it and may put me on the Bad Boy List. Most may think I deserve it because I am a bad lover, too old, or my money isn't good enough. I may just go with AMP's and forget the ones requiring references.
  • Low-T
  • 02-06-2019, 05:06 PM
Low-T, you should let us know who these providers are. If there are providers who demand references, but wont give them out, we should know who they are so won't give them business. Originally Posted by supercold1
  • quzi
  • 02-06-2019, 07:29 PM
It's usually good form to ask a provider if they are OK to rep you shortly before you give their info to a new provider. It might help to let your reference know who they may be getting communications from. Always wait to get a positive response before passing their info. It might take a while (read a few days) to get everything squared away. If you're trying to get this done in a space of a few hours, you have planned poorly.
Maybe you should work on getting screened by one of the agencies and just focus on them? That is what I am considering. I find the whole newbie/reference thing to be a huge pain in the ass and I don’t want a bunch of people running around with my FB information and a scan of my work ID.
I am reference friendly and do my best to respond in a timely manner. My pet peeve is when a provider falsely advertises and deliberately misleads a client into believing they will provide a reference when they will not. Especially when they, themselves require them. SMH. And then after multiple ignored requests, they will have the nerve to ask you for one. I will still give one out of respect for my client but f**k you b**ch. I have a list of providers that have done this repeatedly and I will tell any guy that gives them as a reference that they were suckered. That provider doesn't give references. My opinion is this---Stop falsely advertising! If you're not reference friendly, don't say that you are.
I am reference friendly and do my best to respond in a timely manner. My pet peeve is when a provider falsely advertises and deliberately misleads a client into believing they will provide a reference when they will not. Especially when they, themselves require them. SMH. And then after multiple ignored requests, they will have the nerve to ask you for one. I will still give one out of respect for my client but f**k you b**ch. I have a list of providers that have done this repeatedly and I will tell any guy that gives them as a reference that they were suckered. That provider doesn't give references. My opinion is this---Stop falsely advertising! If you're not reference friendly, don't say that you are. Originally Posted by RoxyGfeATX
+1 there are a few ladies here that do that. I as well notify the gentleman when it is a lady that does not vouch.