Fort Worth vs Dallas

CT, you're in Arlington, right? So you're in the middle. Those of us in Fort Worth proper have a lot more driving time to get to and from an appointment in Dallas. If I lived and worked in the mid-cities, I wouldn't want them split, either, but it's a chore weeding through all those reviews of Dallas providers we'll never go see. Originally Posted by alphaturtle
good point... I am in South Arlington, though, and it is a drive to that Plano-Richardson corrider, for example.. for that reason I haven't ventured quite that far... 75/635 has been my max, so far.. BUT.. if the provider hit on all cylinders, so to speak, I would travel there.. in fact, NaughtyNina had me willing to make the extra drive, the appt. fell through, unfortunately. I want to know everyone that is available in the whole area, then whittle the choice down to other factors, geography being just one.

Eva Damita's point was good, too... if you're Fort Worth/mid-cities only, just read the Fort Worth ads... you'll quickly get aquainted with the available providers in that area
IIm starting to wonder if FW guys even [I] read read the Ft Worth ad section?? Therefore I feel a separate section would be useless.

Just read the FW provider ad section we have already and you just might find a provider who provides in Ft Worth. It's just an idea..now who would 've thought?! Originally Posted by Eva Damita
The key word there is "might." While my contention about the reviews forum is that it's hard to find posts that are useful to those of us in Fort Worth, my contention about the ads forum is that it is, in fact, pretty much useless. See http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=668878. Thiongs haven't gotten much better since then.

Look, if The Powers That Be want to say that they don't want to do it because there's too much work involved, or even if they just want to stomp their feet and say, "No, because we said so!", that's one thing. But it's paternalistic and condescending, in the face of a lot of expressed interest in making it easier for Fort Worth clients to find information that's relevant to them, to say that there's no need for it, or that your judgment about what's needed is superior.

Suppose a Fort Worth (o Tarrant County or West of 360) Reviews forum were set up . How would being able to look for reviews that a guy knows are geographically relevant to him make him, his friends-for-an-hour, or anyone else on ECCIE worse off?
Okaaaay I see...so you gents are stressing a specific forum for FW REVIEWS? Now, this I do understand. It would help. It seems, however, we'll have to do without unless there's miraculous change.

Thanks for putting it perspective SL....

My clients are an equal mix - driving from anywhere from Desoto to Mesquite.
Agreed, I hate getting interested in an ad, then finding out it's 50 miles in the RIGHT direction. Location is everything to those of us with limited time.

Fixed it for you .. .you're welcome.
Fort Worth where the west begins.
Dallas Where the east ends.

Amon Carter
What about the mid-cities population? Where do they post?

It is hard to separate the two cities. There are places in Dallas that take me longer to get to than some in Ft. Worth, and I'm starting in Dallas. I'm sure some of the guys on the east side of Ft. Worth or NRH may feel the same way. The Galleria may be a faster drive than Mansfield (does anyone really live in Mansfield?).

We are lucky to be in such a provider rich area that we have to discuss how to divide the area up.

Can I hear an "Amen"?
you can read an AMEN, OG... if you have your glasses on

actually, that is as succinct and valuable a post, as has been offered in this thread
Stupid post/idea... "Dallas" is just the name most people use when talking about the Dallas / Ft Worth metroplex. I't one metro area, not unlike Huston which is about the same size, but is just called "Huston" Or New York City, which is 4 times the size of DFW but includes all the Burroughs and parts of Connecticut and New Jersey. Or Chicago, which goes from Indiana to Wisconsin. Y'all just need to chill and give it up, you live in a fucking big city now.
People that live in dallas always say the area is dallas. The people that don't live in dallas actually say where they are from. I never say I'm from dallas or near or reffer to dallas in any way. I live in a suburb of Fort Worth and when people ask I tell them I from Fort Worth.

I don't really care how they yankees cities or areas are divided up. This is about s vs Fort Worth vs dallas. It takes me over an hour to get to dallas, then you have all that messed you traffic, there goes another hour or more. Dividing helps clarify where the provider is.

The provider would have to be a burning hottie with a smoking special to get me to even consider going east of 360. I would drive to Denton and play with WP before I went to dallas for anything.
What about the mid-cities population? Where do they post?
Originally Posted by OldGrump
Again, you're letting the perfect be the enemy of the good. There are two really easy ways to address this: First, establish 360 as the dividing line. Reviews are posted based on where the encounter takes place. Or, how about this: Establish a separate sandbox for the Fort Worth kids to play in. The kids from Fort Worth who want to play there can do so. Those who want to continue to play in the Dallas sandbox can do so. You guys in Dallas who want to see someone in Fort Worth could visit the Fort Worth forum and -- surprise! -- find someone geographically compatible with your travel plans.

The arguments against doing so are basically two:
  • What about (insert problem here)? I have yet to see such an issue that either couldn't be easily addressed (Where would Arlington posts go?) or that fell into the category of the perfect being the enemy of the better (e.g., What about Denton?)
  • As I said before, "Hey, Fort Worth! Fuck you!"
No one has yet pointed out how life would be worse if it were easier to identify the city or county in which an encounter with a provider took place; I can assure you that such a change would the lives of a lot of us easier.
Sir Lancerhernot,
I've always been impressed with your taste in women. And I love your slogan that a wife is someone who constantly reminds you you're not worth a fuck. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, I find you're my brother! I live in southwest FW myself and Dallas is a long, long way from here. Browsing for good FW providers is a pain. Let's start a petition, and see how many guys agree.
Thanks for raising the issue.
Mark
I drive through S/W Ft.Worth often. It takes me 45 minutes to an hour depending on traffic.

I also drive to the Plano and Allen area (called N. Dallas). It takes me 45 minutes to an hour depending on traffic.

Hmmm. Which is what? DFW, Dallas?, Ft. Worth?

I remember seeing a thread suggesting a map with in-calls plotted so we would have a quick view of where a lady worked. It died a deserving death.

We live in a large area that is difficult to divide in a way that would satisfy everyone. The worst thing that can happen to us presently is we click on a lady we like only to find she is too far. Then we click on the back button. When you find some that meet your criteria, add them to your contacts. When you are ready for a session, review your contacts for those who you know fit your needs.
I drive through S/W Ft.Worth often. It takes me 45 minutes to an hour depending on traffic.

I also drive to the Plano and Allen area (called N. Dallas). It takes me 45 minutes to an hour depending on traffic.

Hmmm. Which is what? DFW, Dallas?, Ft. Worth?

I remember seeing a thread suggesting a map with in-calls plotted so we would have a quick view of where a lady worked. It died a deserving death.

We live in a large area that is difficult to divide in a way that would satisfy everyone. The worst thing that can happen to us presently is we click on a lady we like only to find she is too far. Then we click on the back button. When you find some that meet your criteria, add them to your contacts. When you are ready for a session, review your contacts for those who you know fit your needs. Originally Posted by OldGrump
Great advice !
We live in a large area that is difficult to divide in a way that would satisfy everyone. Originally Posted by OldGrump
A case of the perfect being the enemy of the better: Because we can't make everyone happy, we're not going to try to make anyone happy (except the guys who live in Dallas). It's not that difficult at all. I suggested two ways to address this. One involves an arbitrary definition, but it's no more arbitrary than forcing everybody who lives between Weatherford and Forney, Denton and Ennis, to post in a single forum

The worst thing that can happen to us presently is we click on a lady we like only to find she is too far. Then we click on the back button.
No, worse is doing that over, and over, and over, and over, going through three pages of reviews before you find someone. Worse is having search that have to include Ft. Worth (for those who don't know it's not abbreviated), Fort Worth, FW, Funkytown, Camp Bowie, Hulen, McCart, 817, 682, Beach, etc., to make sure you cover all they bases.

When you find some that meet your criteria, add them to your contacts. When you are ready for a session, review your contacts for those who you know fit your needs.
And for those who aren't ECCIE members?

And I'll throw this out fort consideration: I'll bet you'd see a lot more memberships of and participation by Fort Worth guys if they didn't have to work as hard to find relevant information and weren't made to feel like red-headed stepchildren.

As I suggested, give us our own sandbox. Those who don't want to play in it can choose to continue to play in the Dallas sandbox. If you can't build us a sandbox, that's one thing, but I give my kids better answers than, "Because I said no, that's why."
This is hilarious! All you have to do is look at "Provider ads Dallas" and "Provider ads Ft Worth" and see that many of the girls post in BOTH and on the same day! Like it or not, this IS one metropolitan area. Funny how only the Ft Worth guys seem to be complaining. Just sayin', now go check your egos at the door...