Best Steak House in Dallas area?

Chamberlain's Chop House.
  • MRMR
  • 02-10-2016, 05:14 PM
Agree with Maxim, Chamberlains and they have a nice Cigar room for an after Dinner Cigar and drink.
Great place.
Here are some that have not been mentioned yet.

Del Frisco.......a couple blocks north of the Galleria

Ruth Chris and III Forks.......on the Dallas North Tollway. They are right next door to one another, just south of Frankfort.

Kennys in Addison
Al Biernat's, went once a long while ago. Didn't see any reason to go back. May have been a one-off experience, but overrated IMHO. Bob's Steak and Chop House, likewise. Went once, see no reason to go back. On the other hand, Pappa's or Nick and Sam's I would go back any time.
Hibiscus on Knox (near 75) has steak, seafood and general tasty stuff. And it's a really good looking joint. FWIW, a couple years ago, one of the Dallas mags said it had the best steak in town.
Hibiscus on Knox (near 75) has steak, seafood and general tasty stuff. And it's a really good looking joint. FWIW, a couple years ago, one of the Dallas mags said it had the best steak in town. Originally Posted by NorthDallas30
observer?
Not sure if it's too late, but I'll add a couple of places. Downtown Dallas has/had a steakhouse called Y.O. ranch steakhouse. Buffalo steak was amazing. I am a big meat eater, so fogo de chao, Texas de brazil, and rafain are a couple of my absolute favorites ( Brazilian steakhouse) yes these are chains, except rafting I think, however the meats are always very good, plus they have salad bar, pastas, soups, etc. Good wine as well, don't know about cigar lounge or anything like that.
If you wind up on the eastern side of Dallas, Culpepper's in Rockwall puts on a good plate.
The Ranch in Las Colinas. Might be a bit farther than you want to go....
http://www.theranchlc.com/
I always have liked Bob's Chops.
for out of town folks who want to experience the cowboy oppulence Dallas has to offer - III Forks

Dont see much difference in Bob's, Del Frisco or Nick and Sam's - all were good

Al Biernat's might be the favorite here.

YO Steakhouse is a couple steps down from the above
Here's something, a little different…in Bishop Arts. This is their Facebook page, which I just saw, don't know if they have a website. https://www.facebook.com/dallasboulevardier/

Scroll down and they talk about their dry aged ribeye steak. I love this place, but I've never ordered steak here. However, I've been in groups where I've tried someone else's steak. And it was terrific. Last time I was there, I think I had some kind of lamb neck or shoulder. Damn good.

And…the $$ is more reasonable than high-end steak joints.
  • asdfg
  • 02-12-2016, 01:51 PM
Here's something, a little different…in Bishop Arts. This is their Facebook page, which I just saw, don't know if they have a website. https://www.facebook.com/dallasboulevardier/

Scroll down and they talk about their dry aged ribeye steak. I love this place, but I've never ordered steak here. However, I've been in groups where I've tried someone else's steak. And it was terrific. Last time I was there, I think I had some kind of lamb neck or shoulder. Damn good.

And…the $$ is more reasonable than high-end steak joints. Originally Posted by NorthDallas30
They also have one of thr best cocktail programs in town. Their sister restaurant in lower greenville, rapscallion, also has dry aged steaks and phenomenal cocktails. Some of the most knowledgeable bartenders you'll ever meet as well.
Knife in The Highland at Central and Mockingbird. Best steaks and steak selection in town - period. Plus vastly better cocktails and bar than any of the others and very nice wine list to boot.
This is a good link to check out. A lot of restaurants have good steaks. I believe in checking out the whole menu, bar, and the ambience for a good time...not too stuffy.

http://www.dmagazine.com/publication...as-01?single=1