Biden Stumbles Through Televised Interview on Coronavirus Response: ‘You Know, There’s — During World War II, You Know, Where Roosevelt Came Up With A Thing’

I saw him gibber his way through that

the only reason I can imagine that the dim party puts forth biden as their candidate is they realize President Trump will be re-elected and biden is their sacrificial lamb

biden is their place holder, not place holder of an office, but just a ballot placeholder

they don't wish to damage any of what tthey might think of as viable next time candidates
  • oeb11
  • 04-19-2020, 08:57 AM
Argue Polls all one wants.

The only poll that matters is Nov 2020- Agreed!!!
Agreed.

Now if yous could only get your lord god king Emperor to stop fixating on his ratings while his subjects are dying, it would be a start.

Or even admits he should do that. It would be cathartic, oebsy. Maybe even a first step toward forgiving yourself for the evil and hurtful things you say all day every day.

Remembers - Do no harm, eh?
We've covered this topic several times. Polls had Clinton winning the popuular vote by about 2%. Accurate. The final poll in Michigan had Trump leading. Accurate. The final poll in Pennsylvania had Trump closing to within the margin of error. Accurate. Only Wisconsin was in error. About 47 of the 50 states were correct in their polls.

And in 2018 the polls were just about 100% accurate. Let's wait and see what polls say right before the election and then compare them to the final results. If the polls are inaccurate I will be the first to admit it. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Again, it's only going to matter as we get very close to election day.

Comparing this period to anything in 2016 is not apples to apples and way too early still to have any meaning.

In 2016, Primaries were still going on actively for both parties. Trump hadn't clinched yet and neither had Hillary, who actually took longer than Trump to Clinch her essential 2 person contest while Trump knocked out the 18 or so others essentially after the NY vote(which coincidentally was April 19th). Trump still didn't secure the votes though until later May if I remember correctly.

2016 also did not have an incumbent running for a second term or even a VP stepping up to try and run. Biden lost much of the momentum available him by not running then and just got older and feebler.

Polls will become a little more meaningful starting about September, but even then Hillary was much further ahead in Sept and October than where she ended up polling on election day.

To try and tout any polling now as somehow meaningful for either Biden or Trump is simply political bullshit.
Political bullshits or not, it is a fine measure of just how pleased people are with the current regime at this point in time.

And folks are pissed.

No wonder Trump is calling for people to rebel against the state governments — in blue states.

How long before your country starts sounding likes a popcorn machine again? At least the kids are being spared right now.
  • Tiny
  • 04-19-2020, 09:24 AM
We've covered this topic several times. Polls had Clinton winning the popuular vote by about 2%. Accurate. The final poll in Michigan had Trump leading. Accurate. The final poll in Pennsylvania had Trump closing to within the margin of error. Accurate. Only Wisconsin was in error. About 47 of the 50 states were correct in their polls.

And in 2018 the polls were just about 100% accurate. Let's wait and see what polls say right before the election and then compare them to the final results. If the polls are inaccurate I will be the first to admit it. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
You're looking at just the very last poll in Michigan and Pennsylvania. The previous ones had Clinton winning.

Otherwise, I've got no argument. Trump's going to have a tough time against Biden. A lot more people hated Hillary than hate Biden. The economy's not going to help, and unless Trump learns how to filter what he says, the coronavirus will be a negative too.
its true that all the people saw completely through hellary

her votes were institutional votes and votes for protective reasons

biden likewise will have institutional votes

and its true he is not as detestable as hellary

but how the more likeable than hellary factor will weigh against the mentally feeble factor in the minds of the independents...

well its likely people will inescapably view biden a hopeless mental gerontologic frailty
Again, it's only going to matter as we get very close to election day.

Comparing this period to anything in 2016 is not apples to apples and way too early still to have any meaning.

In 2016, Primaries were still going on actively for both parties. Trump hadn't clinched yet and neither had Hillary, who actually took longer than Trump to Clinch her essential 2 person contest while Trump knocked out the 18 or so others essentially after the NY vote(which coincidentally was April 19th). Trump still didn't secure the votes though until later May if I remember correctly.

2016 also did not have an incumbent running for a second term or even a VP stepping up to try and run. Biden lost much of the momentum available him by not running then and just got older and feebler.

Polls will become a little more meaningful starting about September, but even then Hillary was much further ahead in Sept and October than where she ended up polling on election day.

To try and tout any polling now as somehow meaningful for either Biden or Trump is simply political bullshit. Originally Posted by eccielover
I certainly agree with what you are saying. I am not touting the polls or asking anyone to agree with them. However, they are more reliable as a benchmark than the opinions expressed by people in my opinion. Polls express the opinon of a random sample of people at a given point in time.
You're looking at just the very last poll in Michigan and Pennsylvania. The previous ones had Clinton winning.

Otherwise, I've got no argument. Trump's going to have a tough time against Biden. A lot more people hated Hillary than hate Biden. The economy's not going to help, and unless Trump learns how to filter what he says, the coronavirus will be a negative too. Originally Posted by Tiny
That is what I was pointing out. Clinton was leading in Michigan and Pennsylvania until the last polls were taken. As the election approached, voters, maybe those who were previously "Undecided", moved toward Trump rather than Clinton. I have warned several times to look at that undecided vote in the polls and the greater that number, the more surprised we might be with the final outcome.
.. I am not touting the polls ... Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX

New fig leaf from Amazon arrive in the mail??
what's the size of the undecided voted?