Cuomo begs wealthy New Yorkers to come back to save the city and pleads 'I'll buy you a drink!' as he fights off calls to raise their taxes - which he fears may scare them away forever

He wants the federal government to step in with help in the final stimulus bill that is due to pass soon, and has warned that unless more financial aid is given, the country is on track for a 'real recession'.
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

How about NYS just keeps the tax revenue generated here instead of our "blue state" going to support "red states"? That would solve the problem instantly.
The virus could be described as offensive along with a very racist pandemic. However the tremendous recovery and spectacular generosity defeats all bearish sentiment. Whew
if your black n hiding low with Joe, Don't ask him if he took the test LOL
Most of the taxes in NY go to support NYC. That's why there was a petition years ago to split the state into
NYC and New Amsterdam zoning. Let NYC and the relevant zipcodes choke to death on their own bullshit.
Why not Andy and Chris buff down don lemon in the sauna .? Lemon could brag on cnn about the love of the 2 brothers?
How about NYS just keeps the tax revenue generated here instead of our "blue state" going to support "red states"? That would solve the problem instantly. Originally Posted by woodywouldpekher

not my RED state, Texas. to no one's surprise Kalifornica is by far the largest contributor to the Federal tax revenue base with NY and Texas. 2nd and 3rd. the difference between NY and Texas is only about 1.1 billion. basically the same.

State federal district or territoryGross collections ($ in 000)
California 456,555,954
New York 281,220,376
Texas 280,048,364
Florida 205,694,126

now if you look at the most federally dependent states NY is 24th where Texas is 34th meaning of course Texas a RED state is less dependent that NY so we Texans are actually supporting you NYer's! get with it up there fellas! Texas wants its money back!

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-mos...vernment/2700/

BAHHHAAA

now that joke about Texas supporting NY aside .. you really don't seem to understand how that works except to make the claim that "all" blue states "support" red states where the list shows otherwise. by your "argument" it would be two blue states .. CA and NY followed by two red states TX and FL supporting everyone else regardless of slant.

the truth is that smaller states with less total population and thus a smaller revenue base get more back by percent that the larger states. that's exactly the way income tax works. the more you make the more you put in. to claim "all" red states are dependent on "blue" states is a false statement based simply on partisan politics.
The funniest thing of all is comparing the Gini coefficient of some of the big states to the smaller ones.

You can laugh your ass off doing this, especially when you take a look at where bonafide shitholes like New York and California stand.

Of course, DC is always the worst.

These are the liberals who will attempt to lecture you about what a racist and overprivileged pig you are as you eek out a subsistence earning low six figures while working 70 hours a week and giving yourself cancer and/or heart disease.

Defund the police.

Black Lives Matter.

And according to Drunk Nancy, temporarily extending federal unemployment benefits to the proletariat is "worthless".

While she hides behind the impenetrable shield her 120 mil net worth, I'm curious who this liberal douchebag champion of the little guy thinks this handout is "worthless" to, or what it's "worthless" for.

I'm against social welfare in any but the most extreme circumstances, don't get me wrong.

But I'm not cheering on rioters, deliberately attempting to wreak havoc on the underpinnings of civilization, or trying to start a race war, while at the same time gleefully fucking over middle-class American schmoes.

Hopefully she's enjoying her hand-crafted designer frozen yogurt along with her nightly gallon of blueberry vodka and getting a good laugh out of what the knee-jerk democrat voter sheep/robots/lemmings are going through on her behalf.

But look at the bright side.

At least she's not quite as full of shit as Ilhan Omar or Auntie Maxine.

Buomo ops Cuomo for the black female running mate please n thank you
now that joke about Texas supporting NY aside .. you really don't seem to understand how that works except to make the claim that "all" blue states "support" red states where the list shows otherwise. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

Typical grasping at straws response. I didn't say anything about Texas. I never said the word "all". I simply said as long as NYS is short we'll keep what we generate instead of bailing out other states.

I'll restate: how about states of any color keep whatever taxes they generate? States that don't make enough and need to be bailed out every year can simply raise their taxes. If you choose to live there pay up for that right.

Let's say you live in Temple, Tx. You have a nice home. But the tax rate is $10,000. per thousand of assessed value. That's what Temple needs to survive. But you could buy a home twice as nice and twice as big in Killeen, Tx. The tax rate there is only $100 per thousand of assessed value. Where are you going to live?

You can't deny that trump said, regarding Covid19, it's every state for itself. Let's do that with our taxes too.
Never stop dominating your goals every day be ruthless on your journey towards success. Recovery is blown off the top of the V and just skyrocketing higher and higher whew
I only read Carlos posts on these inane threads. His words of wisdom never cease to inspire amaze and make me rotflmfao!
All you brollas and cucks wasting your key strokes on wacko should stop. He’s only here bc Texas has already turned blue and he has nowhere to turn.
Typical grasping at straws response. I didn't say anything about Texas. I never said the word "all". I simply said as long as NYS is short we'll keep what we generate instead of bailing out other states.

I'll restate: how about states of any color keep whatever taxes they generate? States that don't make enough and need to be bailed out every year can simply raise their taxes. If you choose to live there pay up for that right.

Let's say you live in Temple, Tx. You have a nice home. But the tax rate is $10,000. per thousand of assessed value. That's what Temple needs to survive. But you could buy a home twice as nice and twice as big in Killeen, Tx. The tax rate there is only $100 per thousand of assessed value. Where are you going to live?

You can't deny that trump said, regarding Covid19, it's every state for itself. Let's do that with our taxes too. Originally Posted by woodywouldpekher

are ya trying to dox me bro? bahaaa. because i actually worked in Temple for McLane Co. for 7 years. i lived in Belton (Morgan's Point but it's considered Belton for mail purposes) and yes i did have a nice house. have a nicer one in plano. got me a cement pond out back.

so when were you stationed at Ft. Hood? since you magically pulled Killeen, Texas out of thin air. not exactly a place the average NY'er would know about .. unless you were at Ft. Hood in the Army ..

you are now trying to conflate property taxes, a local city revenue source to federal taxation and distribution of federal aid. btw Texas does not have a state income tax. so they do generate a lot of state funds from property taxes and of sales tax too. i'm quite sure there are some other forms of consumption tax involved, probably but the two big ones are sales and property taxes.

so prove your points instead of doovetailing into something else. even this slanted politico article doesn't directly quote Trump as saying " it's every state for themselves" and yes i changed it to read more like a quote.

A dangerous new chapter of the outbreak: Every state for itself

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...navirus-361906

nowhere in that article does it directly quote Trump say that. it does have this little gem from Andy ..

And New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, a Democrat, expressed his frustration with the federal government's pandemic response on Tuesday. “The White House doesn’t get it,” he tweeted. “Until we control this virus as a nation, the economy can’t fully recover. Where is the national plan?”

you seem lacking in knowledge of civics. the US isn't a democracy it's a Federal Republic. the States have their rights and responsibilities. the Federal government has their role defined as well. as long as they don't conflict it's saulgoodman. bahha. you seem to think Trump actually is a dictator and can magically impose his will on the 57 states (if you ask Obama lol) but he isn't a dictator so he can't.

the politico article makes big noise about how other nations have handled this chinko virus without saying that their forms of government aren't the same as the US, that Federal Republic thing. maybe little angie merkel can impose some national policy on this? haven't bothered to read their constitution. i picked Germany for three reasons, first i'm a Kraut-Mic. german-irish. my last name is a German word. no it's not Mueller. bahhaa. but it does have a German meaning. second, Germany is a Federal Republic too, with sixteen partly-sovereign states. so it's generally comparable to our Federal Republic. the US states are more "sovereign" than Germany is. so if merkel has authority defined to have more control that's Germany not the US. Trump can't unilaterally impose on the states. but let's say he did. many of those Governors .. the Democratic ones .. would most likely rebel at such a thing regardless of whether or not it would help them just because Trump proposed it. and last little angie created a big turd in Germany with her "diversity" bullshit and now has several million "refugees" running all over Germany being Muslim assholes who won't conform to Germany's laws and practices. they ain't interested in assimilating to German culture, they want to impose their culture on Germany. it's the reason angie isn't going to run again when her term ends next year i think. she's deeply unpopular now because of this and other reasons and won't run. and she has reversed her earlier stance of "diversity" admitting it is crap.

wasn't little angie one of those seasoned, accomplished politics that were going to walk all over Trump? NATO wasn't paying their fair share and Trump called them out on it and they all eventually admitted he was right. they weren't meeting the defined requirements. they all got complacent that the good 'ol USA would always be there to bail their asses out. now you can be like Poland, and essentially pay the US enough money to be their de facto military and they did. the rest well they needed to step it up just like Trump said.

remember what Eisenhower said about NATO when it was formed ..

"If in 10 years, all American troops stationed in Europe for national defense purposes have not been returned to the United States, then this whole project will have failed."

Ike was right. it has been a failure. it's time we get out of NATO. the Cold War is 30 years in the past. why are we still there?

IT'S TIME TO CONSIGN NATO TO HISTORY, AND LOOK TO FUTURE

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...263-story.html

also from the above, written in 1994 just 3 years after the USSR dissolved.

His first question might well be, "Who are we defending Europe against now? I thought that the Soviet Union had disappeared three years ago." The answer would certainly astound him, particularly when he learned that NATO's former adversaries, including Russia, are now all aligned with NATO in a "Partnership for Peace."

the article was written by two people, one a pure politician who never served in the military, which doesn't exclude her from speaking on the issue of NATO but she doesn't have an insider's view that a serving officer would. like the other author, Retired Rear Admiral Eugene Carroll does.

and last let's hear from Andy once again on Trump's assistance to NY .. and a comparison to other Nations on this virus response. yeah it's Laura Ingraham on FOX but the data she cites comes from .. wait for it .. the NY Times. bahhaaa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alJDB2N3XfU

zolly, woody, burger, carlos. WHEW!

You can't deny that trump said, regarding Covid19, it's every state for itself. Let's do that with our taxes too. Originally Posted by woodywouldpekher
Ny is a cesspool of Debt just like Cali Welcome to the welfare state model...
but he isn't a dictator so he can't.
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Thank you for finally seeing the point. With your buddy trump behind the wheel we are no longer a democracy. He wants to be an emperor, a king, a dictator, etc.

Try this on for size:

"I pledge allegiance to the stump of trump of the wasteland called Amerussia, and to his bank account for which it stands, one nation under trump, totally divided, with no liberty or justice for anyone but trump."
Ny is a cesspool of Debt just like Cali Welcome to the welfare state model... Originally Posted by ben8888

Just another reason to keep the money our taxes generate.

(you should think about moving)