the Official ECCIE Dallas First Presidential Debate Reaction Thread

Media Bias no not CNN or any other news outlet , The Clintons have been dirty , all along ( white water and on & on )
CNN isn't the only one with that observation
Feel the Johnson...too bad he wasn't there.
Feel the Johnson...too bad he wasn't there. Originally Posted by Prolongus
Would have loved to see that.
She beat him like a rented mule. Focus groups showed it. The real (not voluntary respondent) post debate polls showed it. The election futures markets showed it. Wall Street showed it today. It it was a fight, they'd have stopped it in the fifth round.

His pathetic answer on the birther lies was as bad as I've ever seen a politician or a witness look in 32 years of doing this. Even if you give him credit for telling the truth in his answer -- which no one does -- even he admitted he's know it's a racist lie for at least five years but kept spreading it up until last week. Horrible answer. Not that anyone could come up with a better one.
She beat him like a rented mule. Focus groups showed it. The real (not voluntary respondent) post debate polls showed it. The election futures markets showed it. Wall Street showed it today. It it was a fight, they'd have stopped it in the fifth round.

His pathetic answer on the birther lies was as bad as I've ever seen a politician or a witness look in 32 years of doing this. Even if you give him credit for telling the truth in his answer -- which no one does -- even he admitted he's know it's a racist lie for at least five years but kept spreading it up until last week. Horrible answer. Not that anyone could come up with a better one. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
^^^ All that ^^^
For anyone to say it was a "draw" I have to respectfully disagree.
I'm not one to believe ALL Republicans are racists but I have to ask myself why devout racists are lining up behind Donald "Chump" and the Republican party.
  • Roc
  • 09-28-2016, 01:04 AM
He looked defensive the whole time. I hope he preps and gets his act straight. He needs to take the gloves off and go after her.
She beat him like a rented mule. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
For anyone to say it was a "draw" I have to respectfully disagree. Originally Posted by Frique-Me
that would be me, who said it was a draw.. I consider it a draw, because no minds were changed.. "beat" is a subjective term, I agree that Clinton delivered far more of what she wanted than Trump, who let the questions dictate his responses, and was under-prepared.

Clinton had rehearsed lines that she made sure to get said.. Trump basically winged it.. he needs to understand that as a failure.. he allowed Clinton's health, deceit, and more to go unmentioned.. I suspect by debate 3 Trump may go "off the rails" in an attempt to catch up, and it will be too late.. almost everyone polled agrees Trump "won" the first 30-40 minutes, but he let "the game" come to him after that, allowing Clinton (and Holt) to control the spin.
He looked defensive the whole time. I hope he preps and gets his act straight. He needs to take the gloves off and go after her. Originally Posted by Roc
defensive the last hour anyway.. and he was, he allowed Clinton and Holt to score points (I say Holt, because he did not ask a single followup of Clinton, but 7, I believe, of Trump, and he almost always asked Clinton first, when posing a question.. clearly he was not objective)... Trump did a lot of talking, but it was reactive talk.. God Damn it, use the National forum to say what you want.. Clinton certainly did.
^^^ All that ^^^
For anyone to say it was a "draw" I have to respectfully disagree.
I'm not one to believe ALL Republicans are racists but I have to ask myself why devout racists are lining up behind Donald "Chump" and the Republican party. Originally Posted by Frique-Me
Not ALL Republicans are racist. But ALL racists are Republican
It's funny how two people can see the same thing and have completely different feelings on what they saw. First of all, I affiliate as a democrat. That said, I don't understand my republican friends, and I especially don't understand the support of Trump.

During the debate, I thought she was concise, organized, and detailed. Presidential, even. I thought he became more and more unhinged as the debate went on. He was blunt, rude, and unprepared. She had a nice line when she said "of course I prepared, I'm preparing to be president, too." Trump is such an unqualified candidate, I don't get why it's close.

Every weak point of hers is an even weaker point on his end. She lies? Independent fact checkers say he is lying on an unprecedented rate. Her charity? No one even knows what his charity does or where the money goes. Benghazi? This guy has zero respect for all veterans. Her husband had an affair? Trump (and a couple of his surrogates) have had several. And those are her weak points.

His strong points are filled with hate and rhetoric that is just diving everyone and playing on everyone's fear. There is a higher chance of drowning in a bathtub, you dating a supermodel, or becoming an astronaut than being killed by a terrorist. Yet he wants to ban all Muslims. Hispanics contribute to the economy, build infrastructure (including his buildings), yet he talks of keeping them out. The guy is just feeding on people's hate.

But to answer the question, Trump won the debate. Just ask Sean Hannity.
Trump is such an unqualified candidate, I don't get why it's close.

There is a higher chance of drowning in a bathtub, you dating a supermodel, or becoming an astronaut than being killed by a terrorist. Yet he wants to ban all Muslims. Hispanics contribute to the economy, build infrastructure (including his buildings), yet he talks of keeping them out. Originally Posted by Barrymccockinner
1. define "unqualified".. Trump is a US citizen over 35 years old, so he is qualified.. Clinton is qualified to continue the same slow growth policies as Obama.

2. absolutely untrue.. Trump wants to ban Muslims from some countries for a small period of time.. that's all.. besides, Clinton is a huge supporter of the corrupt TSA, which treats 75 year-old white women the same as 25 year-old bearded Muslim men.. i.e., a terrorist until proven innocent. and you think Trump is an enemy of human liberty?

3. so what? a lot of people contribute to the economy.. and when they break laws they are punished.. so Hispanics are above that simple metric?
Do agree that it was a draw.. I'm getting lost looking for answers and I realize ppl are just looking for someone to point a finger at... Not to look up to or to actually save us but someone to blame for everything we are all doing wrong
Trump really doesn't have a lot of real support. Half his support are just racists who still can't accept a black is president, much less a non-American (birthers). The other half are just Hillary Haters who just can't accept a woman being president, much less a Clinton (it's really more about Bill and his legacy than her).
Trump really doesn't have a lot of real support. Half his support are just racists who still can't accept a black is president, much less a non-American (birthers). The other half are just Hillary Haters who just can't accept a woman being president, much less a Clinton (it's really more about Bill and his legacy than her). Originally Posted by Will Boner
I dont think there has been another candidate since advent of mass media that managed to alienate everyone other than racists and losers as trump did. there were some respected conservatives and true patriots in his camp but they're all gone now. all he's got now are the alt-right dregs and some deluded fools that cant see the writing on the wall.

speaking of which, an interesting article on how this sub-species came into being and slithered onto the national scene:

https://www.wired.com/2016/10/alt-ri...-racist-cabal/