Minneapolis City Council announces intent to disband police department

So far it all beer talk and on stopping police, so far the police still have jobs sadly, I was hoping for emergency legislative on Sunday. That way the newes media made it sound. And then there have to get the national guard out of city. There have lot of work to do.
So far it all beer talk and on stopping police, so far the police still have jobs sadly, I was hoping for emergency legislative on Sunday. That way the newes media made it sound. And then there have to get the national guard out of city. There have lot of work to do. Originally Posted by Ripmany
You're from Oklahoma? Or just passing through?
You're from Oklahoma? Or just passing through? Originally Posted by LexusLover
I stay there now for past 3 years Oklahoma so let experiment with Minnesota, Minneapolis, they not real people any way.
I still like my idea better. Since the "problem" is White police officers, make being Black a requirement for being hired and let's find out once and for all if being White is the problem. If a city can't find enough "qualified" Black persons, they can move to Brown but under no circumstances can a White person be allowed to wear the uniform and if they can't find enough Black or Brown persons to fill all the positions necessary, they will simply have to work with what they have.

This way you keep a police force but "No Whites allowed".

I'm serious as a heart attack.
I still like my idea better. Since the "problem" is White police officers, make being Black a requirement for being hired and let's find out once and for all if being White is the problem. If a city can't find enough "qualified" Black persons, they can move to Brown but under no circumstances can a White person be allowed to wear the uniform and if they can't find enough Black or Brown persons to fill all the positions necessary, they will simply have to work with what they have.

This way you keep a police force but "No Whites allowed".

I'm serious as a heart attack. Originally Posted by HedonistForever
There are a lot of quality minority law enforcement officers. Recruiting of minority officers has been a challenge to even qualify enough to have a close proximity to the percentage of the community. I suspect it will be more difficult now.

If you hadn't noticed yet, some of those officers hurt and killed in the rioting were minority officers, and one was a retired Black officer who was working as a security officer for one of the businesses looted .... he was videotaped bleeding to death after he was shot.

There are plenty of White officers who are respectful of all persons with whom they have contact and handle matters in the same manner with all persons in like situations. With all due respect your idea will fail....like dismantling departments will fail.
coming soon in a more rational manner
This is a gift from the left that will keep on giving till November. Oh I can see the commercials now. This is gonna be way to much fun to watch.
  • oeb11
  • 06-08-2020, 02:11 PM
AE is correct - this lame-brained idea will have legs - it will take a bit to empty out all the Minneapolis (and other cities') cops - but when they do the crime rate will skyrocket -leaving the DPST politicians to wring their hands and ask their criminals to please play nice.

MS-13 - out of guatemala - has run rampant in the absence of an effective police response to their gang and crimes. They ran rampant in Long island with many murders until FBI settled the situation a bit.

They will love the opportunity - like leaving the bank vault open and unguarded for them to do as they wish.

and - do as they wish is what they will do. Along with every other criminal or criminal to-be in the mis-guided cities who kick out their cops.

It iwll come to pass before Nov 2020- the results will be apparent. Voters won't be happy.

I hope the idiot DPST's have just shot themselves in their own feet!
The TV commercials are writing themselves.
  • oeb11
  • 06-08-2020, 06:33 PM
As will the obituaries.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mi...mCL?li=BBnb7Kz

A veto-proof majority of Minneapolis City Council members announced during a rally at Powderhorn Sunday that they are planning to disband the police department.

City Council members said they will invest in community-led safety initiatives instead of the police department.
"Our commitment is to end our city’s toxic relationship with the Minneapolis Police Department, to end policing as we know it, and to re-create systems of public safety that actually keep us safe," Minneapolis City Council President Lisa Bender said at Sunday’s community meeting.
The council members who took part in the announcement are Cam Gordon, Steve Fletcher, Phillipe Cunningham, Jeremiah Ellison, Andrea Jenkins, Alondra Cano, Lisa Bender and Jeremy Schroeder.
The announcement comes after various entities such as the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis Public Schools, First Avenue, and others decided to end or limit their relationship with the police department.

Dummies of the Minneapolis city council are pandering to the Rioters/looters and their "non-violence. Let them go ahead and disband all police services. It opens the door for "community comunication" - and the DPST's have anti-fa to take that role.

With no law enforcement - the rioters will run rampant - and anyone with a business or property, or a home - will need to arm themselves to defend themselves again untrammelled lawlessness.

a shame - minneapolis is a beautiful city - with first class health care and university of Minnesota. . After they transform the city into a smoldering ruin, people may look back at the pandering leaders who made those decisions!
If they have a city where elections can be held. That point will be debateable.

I do hope that DeBlasio and garcetti - along with wheeler in Portland and the mayors of SanFrancisco and Seattle - and chicago - follow suit immediately!!!
mob rule!!! Originally Posted by oeb11
I agree - fuckers should go for it and suffer!
Only 35 - Chicago is becoming "Peaceful"!
What is the world coming to??? Originally Posted by oeb11
Why don’t those lives matter?
If anyone wants to see what "Biden's World" will look like ....

.... open your eyes and check it out!

He's in Houston today pandering to the Black community.

In the Senate and in the White House. Didn't do shit for them .... EVER!

He's on record now for NOT DISMANTLING police departments. "Black Lives" don't matter to him!
the leftist anti-americans using george floyd once again
the leftist anti-TRUMPERS using george floyd once again Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Actually .... FIFY

That's all this is about. That's ALL!

Did you see Floyd's coffin?